Sign in with
Your question

No logon servers available to service the logon request

Last response: in Networking
June 12, 2012 2:43:41 PM

I'm not too learned in this subject, so please bare with me.

Every time I try to gain administrative access, I type in my user-name and password, and than an error pops up saying "There are currently no servers available to service the logon request. I'm able to log in as the administrative user, it's only when I'm trying to gain administrative access that this warning pops up.
A quick reply would be appreciated!
Thank you.
June 13, 2012 9:23:28 AM

Based on the assumption this is a business based problem:
Possibly the admin user and admin access user databases are not on a centralized server, but are split into two or more. For example you can access the general admin server fine, but the admin access server is unreachable. Or the IP address sent when admin access is requested is wrong and it never makes it to the server.

It could also be a number of other problems too:

Incorrect VLAN
ACL's
+ a few other access control/filtering problems

Have you ever gained admin access from that machine before? Or is it a lower level admin machine?

If it is a home network problem then I'm afraid I don't deal with an awful lot of those problems. I just reread your problem and I am starting to thing you mean a home problem? Please be more specific if it's home or business to avoid confusion ;)  .
June 20, 2012 12:04:10 PM

This is a work network, and I wasn't here when I got the computer, but it was part of a larger work network, but then was cut off. I tried signing in as the local computer admin, but I get the same error message.
!