Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Have replaced my T610 with K700i

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 4:44:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

And good riddance. Gone is the poor RF performance, inability to read the
display outside & abysmal picture quality. Not only that but my ancient
HBH-15 is now usable. The only down-side is one can no longer switch
profiles by voice commands - a small loss. Even battery life isn't as awful
as I was expecting. Oh, & not being able to use MP3 files as ring tones is
slightly annoying as is the inability to choose a ring tone for message
alerts also seems a bit silly. Sold it on with a warning about its poor RF &
the friend is pleased enough to sell on his T310/camera. Voice quality is
very impressive.

I'm sure its replacement will have external memory though ~40MB is not too
bad either. Though I'm yet to handle a S700, its does appear to have a
decent camera though none of them will be up to much before phones have
optical zooms which will be soon. Even Voda branding is less obtrusive than
my T610's & ~£25 to remove.

Regards

More about : replaced t610 k700i

Anonymous
October 28, 2004 1:32:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

you can - you're vodafone/orange branding has crippled your phone



"Paul Busby" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:2u9g0dF26ej9hU1@uni-berlin.de...
> .....Oh, & not being able to use MP3 files as ring tones is
> slightly annoying ..........
Anonymous
October 28, 2004 2:49:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

JethroUK© wrote:
> you can - you're vodafone/orange branding has crippled your phone
>
Which is why I factored in the price of removing branding & locking *before*
going ahead. The branding, more importantly, disables firmware upgrading
using the CSS-25 apparently. Cost was £20 for the upgrade + £2pm going from
Daytime100 to Anytime100. Got £50 for the T610. I'll wait for a couple of
firmware iterations then get it debranded at the same time.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 2:34:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
news:0uUfd.151$h85.57@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
> you can - you're vodafone/orange branding has crippled your phone
>
>
>
> "Paul Busby" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> news:2u9g0dF26ej9hU1@uni-berlin.de...
> > .....Oh, & not being able to use MP3 files as ring tones is
> > slightly annoying ..........
>

You sure about that? I got my new K700i, on Orange, yesterday, and it
includes several MP3 ringtones, all of which seem to work. Maybe
Orange have slipped up with my phone?

However, I haven't tried to download any others yet.
--
David
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 3:23:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

David Lees wrote:
> "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> news:0uUfd.151$h85.57@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
>> you can - you're vodafone/orange branding has crippled your phone
>>
>>
>>
>> "Paul Busby" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> news:2u9g0dF26ej9hU1@uni-berlin.de...
>>> .....Oh, & not being able to use MP3 files as ring tones is
>>> slightly annoying ..........
>>
>
> You sure about that? I got my new K700i, on Orange, yesterday, and it
> includes several MP3 ringtones, all of which seem to work. Maybe
> Orange have slipped up with my phone?
>
> However, I haven't tried to download any others yet.
> --
> David

If you go the cheapskate route of getting a branded phone as I did, it's
always worth d/ling the full manual which will give you some idea of the
differences. On Voda's K700, added MP3s can't be used as ringtones. However,
I read a post on a web forum from a Voda employee saying that major Voda
shops will be able to enable MP3 ringtones, presumably by upgrading the
firmware.
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 3:57:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"Paul Busby" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

>> you can - you're vodafone/orange branding has crippled your phone
>>
> Which is why I factored in the price of removing branding & locking
> *before* going ahead. The branding, more importantly, disables firmware
> upgrading using the CSS-25 apparently. Cost was £20 for the upgrade + £2pm
> going from Daytime100 to Anytime100. Got £50 for the T610. I'll wait for a
> couple of firmware iterations then get it debranded at the same time.

So how is debranding & unlocking achieved? Usual sources?

Is it a common request that the local unlockers will understand, or will
there be blank faces when I ask?
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 11:00:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

que?




"Ye Olde Git" <ohnoyoudon'tspamme@here.com> wrote in message
news:1099832214.28984.0@damia.uk.clara.net...
> "Paul Busby" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>
> >> you can - you're vodafone/orange branding has crippled your phone
> >>
> > Which is why I factored in the price of removing branding & locking
> > *before* going ahead. The branding, more importantly, disables firmware
> > upgrading using the CSS-25 apparently. Cost was £20 for the upgrade +
£2pm
> > going from Daytime100 to Anytime100. Got £50 for the T610. I'll wait for
a
> > couple of firmware iterations then get it debranded at the same time.
>
> So how is debranding & unlocking achieved? Usual sources?
>
> Is it a common request that the local unlockers will understand, or will
> there be blank faces when I ask?
>
>
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 3:49:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

> If you go the cheapskate route of getting a branded phone as I did,
it's
> always worth d/ling the full manual which will give you some idea of
the
> differences. On Voda's K700, added MP3s can't be used as ringtones.
However,
> I read a post on a web forum from a Voda employee saying that major
Voda
> shops will be able to enable MP3 ringtones, presumably by upgrading
the
> firmware.

Ahh, right. However I agree with you about not being able to use
ringtones as
message alerts. I had just got used to that facility on my previous
phone
(Nokia 6310i) and couldn't quite believe the K700i couldn't do that.
Now
that's what I call cheapskate!
--
David
Anonymous
November 10, 2004 12:28:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

it is unbeleivable - you'll find a few other "cut corners" on the K700 too



"David Lees" <d.lees@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:2vbt46F2k2ldgU2@uni-berlin.de...
> > If you go the cheapskate route of getting a branded phone as I did,
> it's
> > always worth d/ling the full manual which will give you some idea of
> the
> > differences. On Voda's K700, added MP3s can't be used as ringtones.
> However,
> > I read a post on a web forum from a Voda employee saying that major
> Voda
> > shops will be able to enable MP3 ringtones, presumably by upgrading
> the
> > firmware.
>
> Ahh, right. However I agree with you about not being able to use
> ringtones as
> message alerts. I had just got used to that facility on my previous
> phone
> (Nokia 6310i) and couldn't quite believe the K700i couldn't do that.
> Now
> that's what I call cheapskate!
> --
> David
>
>
Anonymous
November 11, 2004 1:46:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

JethroUK© wrote:
> it is unbeleivable - you'll find a few other "cut corners" on the
> K700 too
>
I think it's a question of not being able to please everyone all of the time
;)  What phone or device is absolutely perfect? Having an engineering
background, it's rare that I can't think of some improvement however small.
To me, the K700i is a significant improvement on the T610, not only in the
core area of being able to make & receive calls in marginal locations (which
seems to get forgotten when reviewing phones) but the UI is much better.

Regards
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 1:21:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"Paul Busby" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:2vgu77F2kbgkpU1@uni-berlin.de...
> JethroUK© wrote:
> > it is unbeleivable - you'll find a few other "cut corners" on the
> > K700 too
> >
> I think it's a question of not being able to please everyone all of the
time
> ;) 

Not at all - it's a case of S/E introducing xtra features & forgetting about
stereo-typical mobile features (those we have all come to take for granted)

there is a least 5 things my £35 trium eclipse does that my £250 K700
doesn't do - and by this i really mean, 5 things that
alllllllllllllllllllllll mobiles do that k700 doesn't - these are backward
steps (not improvement)


> What phone or device is absolutely perfect? Having an engineering
> background, it's rare that I can't think of some improvement however
small.
> To me, the K700i is a significant improvement on the T610, not only in the
> core area of being able to make & receive calls in marginal locations
(which
> seems to get forgotten when reviewing phones) but the UI is much better.
>
> Regards
>
>
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 1:47:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

JethroUK© wrote:
> "Paul Busby" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> news:2vgu77F2kbgkpU1@uni-berlin.de...
>> JethroUK© wrote:
>>> it is unbeleivable - you'll find a few other "cut corners" on the
>>> K700 too
>>>
>> I think it's a question of not being able to please everyone all of
>> the time ;) 
>
> Not at all - it's a case of S/E introducing xtra features &
> forgetting about stereo-typical mobile features (those we have all
> come to take for granted)
>
> there is a least 5 things my £35 trium eclipse does that my £250 K700
> doesn't do - and by this i really mean, 5 things that
> alllllllllllllllllllllll mobiles do that k700 doesn't - these are
> backward steps (not improvement)

Well come on - spit them out, I may even agree.
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 2:33:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"Paul Busby" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:2vi8fnF2kr45aU1@uni-berlin.de...
> JethroUK© wrote:
> > "Paul Busby" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > news:2vgu77F2kbgkpU1@uni-berlin.de...
> >> JethroUK© wrote:
> >>> it is unbeleivable - you'll find a few other "cut corners" on the
> >>> K700 too
> >>>
> >> I think it's a question of not being able to please everyone all of
> >> the time ;) 
> >
> > Not at all - it's a case of S/E introducing xtra features &
> > forgetting about stereo-typical mobile features (those we have all
> > come to take for granted)
> >
> > there is a least 5 things my £35 trium eclipse does that my £250 K700
> > doesn't do - and by this i really mean, 5 things that
> > alllllllllllllllllllllll mobiles do that k700 doesn't - these are
> > backward steps (not improvement)
>
> Well come on - spit them out, I may even agree.
>

there's no scope for agreeing/disagreeing - these are facts (not opinions) -
here's handful to start:

msgs stored in "sent" order (not rec'd order, prolly 700i biggest bug)

sleep mode (extending battery life 33%, which the 700 desperately NEEDS more
than any-other-mobile)

calender which supports recurring appointments

softkey access to speaker phone during call (it's buried so far down the
menu it's totally unusable 'in call' feature)

custom melody for any and all sounds

auto keypad locking from any menu (only locks from desktop)

option to switch off tone ramping completely

volume control that controls any/all sound output

depatch with the screen saver (which has absolutely no use what so ever)

1 key escape from any menu (alllllll other mobiles escape from 1 touch on
'call end' key)
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 3:02:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <tFSkd.131$KA.65@newsfe2-win.ntli.net> on Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:33:45 GMT,
"JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote:

>> > there is a least 5 things my £35 trium eclipse does that my £250 K700
>> > doesn't do - and by this i really mean, 5 things that
>> > alllllllllllllllllllllll mobiles do that k700 doesn't - these are
>> > backward steps (not improvement)
>>
>> Well come on - spit them out, I may even agree.
>
>there's no scope for agreeing/disagreeing - these are facts (not opinions) -

Not really.

>here's handful to start:
>
>msgs stored in "sent" order (not rec'd order, prolly 700i biggest bug)

I personally prefer "sent" order.

>sleep mode (extending battery life 33%, which the 700 desperately NEEDS more
>than any-other-mobile)

See below.

>calender which supports recurring appointments

How is this a basic phone feature?

>softkey access to speaker phone during call (it's buried so far down the
>menu it's totally unusable 'in call' feature)

It's a tradeoff against other things.

>custom melody for any and all sounds

Very few phones can do that.

>auto keypad locking from any menu (only locks from desktop)

I'd call that a value judgement.

>option to switch off tone ramping completely

Ditto.

>volume control that controls any/all sound output

The only such option I want is Mute.

>depatch with the screen saver (which has absolutely no use what so ever)

Save the battery life you're concerned about.

>1 key escape from any menu (alllllll other mobiles escape from 1 touch on
>'call end' key)

Not true -- most SE phones take a long press to do that.

To be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong on your preferences, just that these
are "opinions," not black and white "facts." ;-)

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 3:11:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

In message <tFSkd.131$KA.65@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>, JethroUK©
<reply@the.board> writes
>there's no scope for agreeing/disagreeing - these are facts (not
>opinions) - here's handful to start:
>
>msgs stored in "sent" order (not rec'd order, prolly 700i biggest bug)

Hadn't noticed. Why is it a problem?
>
>sleep mode (extending battery life 33%, which the 700 desperately NEEDS
>more than any-other-mobile)

Upgraded your firmware recently? Actually disabling power save in the
display settings increases life quite a lot, don't know why.

>
>calender which supports recurring appointments
>
>softkey access to speaker phone during call (it's buried so far down
>the menu it's totally unusable 'in call' feature)

joystick 5. How hard is that? the 5 is the key with the bumps on it so
you don't even have to look.
>
>
>custom melody for any and all sounds

You can for all but message alerts. Quite frankly I don't need a full
bohemian rhapsody mp3 every time I get a txt thanks! :o )
>
>auto keypad locking from any menu (only locks from desktop)

>
>option to switch off tone ramping completely
>
>volume control that controls any/all sound output
>
>depatch with the screen saver (which has absolutely no use what so
>ever)
>
>1 key escape from any menu (alllllll other mobiles escape from 1 touch
>on 'call end' key)

Press and hold the back key!?!?
Some valid but mostly niff naff and triv. Never had a SE before?
--
Pete Devlin
[{//////news03//////at\\\\\secondrow/////co\\\\\uk}]
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
Kaiser Wilhelm
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 5:48:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
news:k4Tkd.4784$_3.60099@typhoon.sonic.net...
> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <tFSkd.131$KA.65@newsfe2-win.ntli.net> on Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:33:45
GMT,
> "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote:
>
> >> > there is a least 5 things my £35 trium eclipse does that my £250 K700
> >> > doesn't do - and by this i really mean, 5 things that
> >> > alllllllllllllllllllllll mobiles do that k700 doesn't - these are
> >> > backward steps (not improvement)
> >>
> >> Well come on - spit them out, I may even agree.
> >
> >there's no scope for agreeing/disagreeing - these are facts (not
opinions) -
>
> Not really.
>
> >here's handful to start:
> >
> >msgs stored in "sent" order (not rec'd order, prolly 700i biggest bug)
>
> I personally prefer "sent" order.

so do i - typo - msgd are stored in rec'd order on k7

>
> >sleep mode (extending battery life 33%, which the 700 desperately NEEDS
more
> >than any-other-mobile)
>
> See below.

ditto below

>
> >calender which supports recurring appointments
>
> How is this a basic phone feature?

both std on my £35 eclipse & prior 2 phones dating back circa 1999 - are you
saying there's yet 'another' phone that hasn't got both these features?

>
> >softkey access to speaker phone during call (it's buried so far down the
> >menu it's totally unusable 'in call' feature)
>
> It's a tradeoff against other things.

not it isn't - neither of the 2 softkeys do anything different 'in call'

>
> >custom melody for any and all sounds
>
> Very few phones can do that.
>
> >auto keypad locking from any menu (only locks from desktop)
>
> I'd call that a value judgement.

if you're saying you use autolock, but you prefer it didn't lock when it's
not left on desktop then (bizarre choice, but) you have the right phone for
you - of course then you must have the wrong computer, since it will
autolock whatever is left on screen

>
> >option to switch off tone ramping completely
>
> Ditto.

rubbish - dont tell me you dont want the ramping to switch off when you
switch it off - that's not a bizzare judgement - that's a lie

>
> >volume control that controls any/all sound output
>
> The only such option I want is Mute.

so now you want a volume control that doesn't work? this is just too
convenient - i've stopped reading

>
> >depatch with the screen saver (which has absolutely no use what so ever)
>
> Save the battery life you're concerned about.
>
> >1 key escape from any menu (alllllll other mobiles escape from 1 touch on
> >'call end' key)
>
> Not true -- most SE phones take a long press to do that.
>
> To be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong on your preferences, just that
these
> are "opinions," not black and white "facts." ;-)
>
> --
> Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 6:26:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"pete devlin" <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> wrote in message
news:VUuqwJGO$$kBFwMS@sukmabobby.com...
> In message <tFSkd.131$KA.65@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>, JethroUK©
> <reply@the.board> writes
> >there's no scope for agreeing/disagreeing - these are facts (not
> >opinions) - here's handful to start:
> >
> >msgs stored in "sent" order (not rec'd order, prolly 700i biggest bug)
>
> Hadn't noticed. Why is it a problem?

i hadn't noticed either until i got k700 - then i noticed a massive
difference - there can be quite a discrepancy between when the message was
sent & rec'd, and since i know when it was re'cd (because r'd it), the
listing is totally uninformative (might aswell be in alphabetical order) -
all other mobiles store in sent order & now i appreciate why

> >
> >sleep mode (extending battery life 33%, which the 700 desperately NEEDS
> >more than any-other-mobile)
>
> Upgraded your firmware recently? Actually disabling power save in the
> display settings increases life quite a lot, don't know why.

4 upgrades on & still none address any of these issues & whatever it saves -
a sleep mode will save 33% more

>
> >
> >calender which supports recurring appointments
> >
> >softkey access to speaker phone during call (it's buried so far down
> >the menu it's totally unusable 'in call' feature)
>
> joystick 5. How hard is that? the 5 is the key with the bumps on it so
> you don't even have to look.

thanx for the tip - i'll try to remember it next time i'm in call

> >
> >
> >custom melody for any and all sounds
>
> You can for all but message alerts.

no you cant - there's at least 6 fixed tones on K700

> Quite frankly I don't need a full
> bohemian rhapsody mp3 every time I get a txt thanks! :o )

well quite frankly i dont believe you dont want a choice - and quite frankly
you're pretending to 'lump it', and had i paid £25 (instead of £250) i'd
lump it too

and since you dont know the other 5 tones -they may well be 'bohemian
rhapsody' - sure you still dont want a choice ??????????


> >
> >auto keypad locking from any menu (only locks from desktop)
>
> >
> >option to switch off tone ramping completely
> >
> >volume control that controls any/all sound output
> >
> >depatch with the screen saver (which has absolutely no use what so
> >ever)
> >
> >1 key escape from any menu (alllllll other mobiles escape from 1 touch
> >on 'call end' key)
>
> Press and hold the back key!?!?

unnecessary & it doesn't escape from all modes

> Some valid but mostly niff naff and triv. Never had a SE before?

as indicated, you obviously dont use a mobile for work purposes - hence you
haven't spotted that the k700 is no more than a toy & cant be used as a
professional tool - it's my 3rd and last S.E

> --
> Pete Devlin
> [{//////news03//////at\\\\\secondrow/////co\\\\\uk}]
> Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
> Kaiser Wilhelm
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 7:06:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <SvVkd.159$KA.20@newsfe2-win.ntli.net> on Fri, 12 Nov 2004 02:48:18 GMT,
"JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote:

>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>news:k4Tkd.4784$_3.60099@typhoon.sonic.net...
>>
>> In <tFSkd.131$KA.65@newsfe2-win.ntli.net> on Thu, 11 Nov 2004 23:33:45
>GMT,
>> "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote:

>> >calender which supports recurring appointments
>>
>> How is this a basic phone feature?
>
>both std on my £35 eclipse & prior 2 phones dating back circa 1999 - are you
>saying there's yet 'another' phone that hasn't got both these features?

Lots. It's not a basic phone feature.

>> >softkey access to speaker phone during call (it's buried so far down the
>> >menu it's totally unusable 'in call' feature)
>>
>> It's a tradeoff against other things.
>
>not it isn't ...

Yes it is.

>> >auto keypad locking from any menu (only locks from desktop)
>>
>> I'd call that a value judgement.
>
>if you're saying you use autolock,

I'm not.

>but you prefer it didn't lock when it's
>not left on desktop then (bizarre choice, but)

That's a nice thing to say.

>you have the right phone for
>you

I do.

>- of course then you must have the wrong computer, since it will
>autolock whatever is left on screen

Irrelevant -- my computer is not a phone.

>> >option to switch off tone ramping completely
>>
>> Ditto.
>
>rubbish - dont tell me you dont want the ramping to switch off when you
>switch it off - that's not a bizzare judgement

No it's not.

>- that's a lie

That's childishly rude.

>> >volume control that controls any/all sound output
>>
>> The only such option I want is Mute.
>
>so now you want a volume control that doesn't work?

Didn't say that.

>this is just too
>convenient - i've stopped reading

You've also stopped thinking.

>> To be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong on your preferences, just that these
>> are "opinions," not black and white "facts." ;-)

Worth repeating, your inexcusable nastiness notwithstanding.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 7:14:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <d3Wkd.161$KA.108@newsfe2-win.ntli.net> on Fri, 12 Nov 2004 03:26:01 GMT,
"JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote:

>"pete devlin" <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> wrote in message
>news:VUuqwJGO$$kBFwMS@sukmabobby.com...
>> In message <tFSkd.131$KA.65@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>, JethroUK©
>> <reply@the.board> writes
>> >there's no scope for agreeing/disagreeing - these are facts (not
>> >opinions) - here's handful to start:
>> >
>> >msgs stored in "sent" order (not rec'd order, prolly 700i biggest bug)
>>
>> Hadn't noticed. Why is it a problem?
>
>i hadn't noticed either until i got k700 - then i noticed a massive
>difference - there can be quite a discrepancy between when the message was
>sent & rec'd, and since i know when it was re'cd (because r'd it), the
>listing is totally uninformative (might aswell be in alphabetical order) -
>all other mobiles store in sent order & now i appreciate why

Sounds like either a time zone problem or a carrier problem -- with a decent
carrier, almost all SMS messages are delivered in near real time, assuming
your handset is capable of receiving them (e.g., powered on).

>> >sleep mode (extending battery life 33%, which the 700 desperately NEEDS
>> >more than any-other-mobile)
>>
>> Upgraded your firmware recently? Actually disabling power save in the
>> display settings increases life quite a lot, don't know why.
>
>4 upgrades on & still none address any of these issues & whatever it saves -
>a sleep mode will save 33% more

You know that because you're a qualified engineer that's studied the design of
the phone?! ;-) Or are you just an unhappy ranter? Why not just take the
phone back?

>> Quite frankly I don't need a full
>> bohemian rhapsody mp3 every time I get a txt thanks! :o )
>
>well quite frankly i dont believe you dont want a choice - and quite frankly
>you're pretending to 'lump it', and had i paid £25 (instead of £250) i'd
>lump it too
>
>and since you dont know the other 5 tones -they may well be 'bohemian
>rhapsody' - sure you still dont want a choice ??????????

Sorry, but that's WAY down my list of priorities.

>> >1 key escape from any menu (alllllll other mobiles escape from 1 touch
>> >on 'call end' key)
>>
>> Press and hold the back key!?!?
>
>unnecessary & it doesn't escape from all modes

I see -- you're pissed because it wasn't done YOUR WAY.

>> Some valid but mostly niff naff and triv. Never had a SE before?
>
>as indicated, you obviously dont use a mobile for work purposes - hence you
>haven't spotted that the k700 is no more than a toy & cant be used as a
>professional tool

Nonsense.

>- it's my 3rd and last S.E

I suspect SE will be pleased rather than devastated. ;-)

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 9:49:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

i notice you have cropped all my 'facts' that prove that 50% of what you say
is a lie, the other 50% is totally uninformed:


the K700 is like a car with climate control, cruise control, but no steering
wheel or indicators - you may 'say' you prefer not to have a steering
wheel - but i'm inclined to call that a lie (not an opinion), and it
certainly wont change the 'fact' that it doesn't have a steering wheel
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 12:12:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message news:<d3Wkd.161$KA.108@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>...

> as indicated, you obviously dont use a mobile for work purposes - hence you
> haven't spotted that the k700 is no more than a toy & cant be used as a
> professional tool

What profession is that, exactly? Nokia salesman?

I did some research. I noted that the K700i is able to make and
receive phone calls using various GSM networks. It also appears to
have SMS facility, and supports multiple methods of data connection.
It appears to have a screen of some sort, allowing the user to see (a)
what number is being dialled or (b) what number is calling (within
network limits). Also it has a battery, offering portability away
from a power source, and it small enough to fit in most pockets. I
would say it is perfectly suited to "business" use - unless that
business is solely the comparison of different impelementations by
different phone manufacturers, all of which would by definition be
preferable to Sony Ericsson's.

> it's my 3rd and last S.E

Does this mean you will no longer be active on this newsgroup?
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 11:45:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"Andrew Thomas" <andrewj_nospamthomas@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
news:ff692cff.0411190912.62fc3b03@posting.google.com...
> "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
news:<d3Wkd.161$KA.108@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>...
>
> > as indicated, you obviously dont use a mobile for work purposes - hence
you
> > haven't spotted that the k700 is no more than a toy & cant be used as a
> > professional tool
>
> What profession is that, exactly? Nokia salesman?

errrrm nope - just a useful tool in the professional field (any)

>
> I did some research. I noted that the K700i is able to make and
> receive phone calls using various GSM networks.

so does any £25 phone - a £35 phone will also offer an incall, soft-key
loudspeaker option


> It also appears to
> have SMS facility,

which it stores in some useless, abitrary order (unlike any £25 phone, who
have obviously considered the useage of s.m.s.)


> and supports multiple methods of data connection.

so does a £25 phone

> It appears to have a screen of some sort, allowing the user to see (a)
> what number is being dialled or (b) what number is calling (within
> network limits).

so does a £25 phone

>Also it has a battery, offering portability away
> from a power source,

solong as you dont stray too far away from a power source (like go to a
job) - K700 has worse power-up time of alllll mobiles (incl a £25 phone,
which you can expect to last through a week long business trip)

> and it small enough to fit in most pockets.

as per any £25 phone

> I
> would say it is perfectly suited to "business" use

and i would say a £25 mobile is more suitable for business than K700 (having
used mobiles for business since they were too big fit in a pocket)


any £35 mobile has more professional features than a K700 - that's FACT!
Anonymous
November 20, 2004 2:44:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <TXsnd.205$FO2.181@newsfe1-win.ntli.net> on Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:45:39 GMT,
"JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote:

>any £35 mobile has more professional features than a K700 - that's FACT!

That's actually just your OPINION.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
November 20, 2004 5:36:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
news:Rzvnd.6360$_3.81424@typhoon.sonic.net...
> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <TXsnd.205$FO2.181@newsfe1-win.ntli.net> on Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:45:39
GMT,
> "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote:
>
> >any £35 mobile has more professional features than a K700 - that's FACT!
>
> That's actually just your OPINION.

no - it's a FACT - i have already proved it beyond question - the responses
have been 'opinions'

even 'you' stated your 'opinion' relating to stored msg order:

'......I personally prefer "sent" order.....'

which doesn't changed the FACT - k700i stored in "rec'd" order (not for
preference, but because it was totally unconsidered)

and supported by the 'fact' that alllllllllllll other mobiles store in sent
order (not some abitrary order) - does conclude, it's a
considered/investigated/known/actioned point of FACT

NEXT
Anonymous
November 20, 2004 7:33:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <QDInd.90$a02.55@newsfe2-win.ntli.net> on Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:36:32 GMT,
"JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote:

>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>news:Rzvnd.6360$_3.81424@typhoon.sonic.net...
>>
>> In <TXsnd.205$FO2.181@newsfe1-win.ntli.net> on Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:45:39 GMT,
>> "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote:
>>
>> >any £35 mobile has more professional features than a K700 - that's FACT!
>>
>> That's actually just your OPINION.
>
>no - it's a FACT - i have already proved it beyond question - the responses
>have been 'opinions'

No matter how many times you say that, it's still just your opinion.
Give it a rest.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
November 20, 2004 8:04:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

JethroUK© wrote:
> and supported by the 'fact' that alllllllllllll other mobiles store
> in sent order (not some abitrary order) - does conclude, it's a
> considered/investigated/known/actioned point of FACT
>
> NEXT

Are you not missing the point? What *is* being disputed in this thread is
your assertion on how disabling these issues are (the ones that haven't been
dismissed outright). Such assertions are opinions, not facts!

My K700i does not have increasing ring volume unless selected. Spelling
"all" with more than 2 "l"s smells like ranting.

Regards
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 3:29:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message news:<TXsnd.205$FO2.181@newsfe1-win.ntli.net>...
> "Andrew Thomas" <andrewj_nospamthomas@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> news:ff692cff.0411190912.62fc3b03@posting.google.com...
> > "JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote in message
> news:<d3Wkd.161$KA.108@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>...
> >
> > > as indicated, you obviously dont use a mobile for work purposes - hence
> you
> > > haven't spotted that the k700 is no more than a toy & cant be used as a
> > > professional tool
> >
> > What profession is that, exactly? Nokia salesman?
>
> errrrm nope - just a useful tool in the professional field (any)
>
> >
> > I did some research. I noted that the K700i is able to make and
> > receive phone calls using various GSM networks.
>
> so does any £25 phone - a £35 phone will also offer an incall, soft-key
> loudspeaker option

etc. I can't believe you actually picked my tongue-in-cheek response
to bits :) . Please, be happy with your £35 phone. You obviously have
some sort of beef with the K700i - but this is the wrong newsgroup to
be divesting your prejudice. alt.cellular.nokia would be better - or
perhaps alt.cellular.£35-phone.
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 3:31:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

pete devlin <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> wrote in message news:<VUuqwJGO$$kBFwMS@sukmabobby.com>...

<deletia>

> Some valid but mostly niff naff and triv. Never had a SE before?

For some, a phone isn't a phone unless it has the Nokia UI. And for
others, a phone isn't a phone unless it sorts "SMS"s properly -
whatever they are :) 
Anonymous
November 23, 2004 11:42:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

In message <ff692cff.0411231231.7f7cb358@posting.google.com>, Andrew
Thomas <andrewj_nospamthomas@yahoo.com.au> writes
>For some, a phone isn't a phone unless it has the Nokia UI. And for
>others, a phone isn't a phone unless it sorts "SMS"s properly -
>whatever they are :) 

What makes me laugh is that this chap is such a dynamic professional
that the phone does not meet his demanding requirements. Any
professional worth his salt doesn't impulse buy and then complain about
the lack of features on said product. It's all a bit of a comedy really.
--
Pete Devlin
[{//////news03//////at\\\\\secondrow/////co\\\\\uk}]
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
Kaiser Wilhelm
Anonymous
November 24, 2004 9:52:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

"Andrew Thomas" <andrewj_nospamthomas@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
news:ff692cff.0411231229.3d77efdf@posting.google.com...
>You obviously have
> some sort of beef with the K700i - but this is the wrong newsgroup to
> be divesting your prejudice. alt.cellular.nokia would be better - or
> perhaps alt.cellular.£35-phone.

i have no 'sort of beef' with the K700i - i am being objective, honest &
factual - if you cant stand critism, than i suggest you bury your head in
the sand & pretend it doesn't exist - but Sony cant make progress without it
Anonymous
November 25, 2004 4:26:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <PL4pd.92$ef6.22@newsfe3-win.ntli.net> on Wed, 24 Nov 2004 18:52:31 GMT,
"JethroUK©" <reply@the.board> wrote:

>"Andrew Thomas" <andrewj_nospamthomas@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>news:ff692cff.0411231229.3d77efdf@posting.google.com...

>>You obviously have
>> some sort of beef with the K700i - but this is the wrong newsgroup to
>> be divesting your prejudice. alt.cellular.nokia would be better - or
>> perhaps alt.cellular.£35-phone.
>
>i have no 'sort of beef' with the K700i - i am being objective, honest &
>factual ...

Just the opposite.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
!