Sign in with
Your question

Should i get a PCI wireless adaprter os is usb adequate

Last response: in Networking
June 12, 2012 6:17:12 PM

i have a pci card as my wireless connection, but i somehow lost the antenna while cleaning my rig and plan on getting a newer adapter. just want to know if wireless pci cards are that much better the usb adapters when it comes to internet usage including online gaming. thanks in advance
a c 203 F Wireless
June 13, 2012 1:34:29 AM

USB wireless adapters are very reliable and generally cheaper and far easier to install. I use them almost exclusively on builds over the last year or so.
m
l
June 13, 2012 1:55:05 AM

RealBeast said:
USB wireless adapters are very reliable and generally cheaper and far easier to install. I use them almost exclusively on builds over the last year or so.

so there won't be really any lost to speeds or latency times? i kinda want to use a usb adapter since my pci card is directly under my gpu and compromises airflow.
m
l
Related resources
a c 203 F Wireless
June 13, 2012 3:05:11 PM

No performance difference at all.
m
l
June 13, 2012 3:20:26 PM

I don't think so since it is still wireless latency, lags ant that will still struggle in some points. is you are into the gaming thing and you have the chance to have it wired just go for it ethernet cable is the best. but if you are just like me with the main downstairs and the router downstairs then you will have to stick with the damn wifi. If you go for a wifi card or usb adapter make sure is supports your router's B/G or N. N is quite good probably the best you can get.
m
l
!