dttdar

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2002
Will burning my ram in allow me to overclock even more? I've got a stick of Mushkin pc150 Rev3+ sdram.

----------------
sorry, but I'm still stuck in the Pentium III world

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
It just means that your system should be fine under the perameters that you tested/burned it under. So you might be able to go higher but the burn in will only indicate that the system will survive at current levels.

<b>"Sometimes you can't hear me because I'm talking in parenthesis" - Steven Wright</b> :lol:

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
What does 'burning in' do? I've heard lots of overclockers saying that after running their processors for a few days, it becomes "burned in" and they can reduce the voltage. How does this work?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
it just gets everything settled... like running in a car engine.

<font color=blue>Pants Down! Turn Around! Bend Over! You're about to Experience Telstra broadband! :lol:

siliconjon

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2002
I have never "burned in" a PC, neither a complete assembly, nor an upgrade. Can't say I've seen a need for it, as everything seems to run fine on the one's I put together. I test multiple programs, and will often run a program or two through the night if the destination requires such usage just to ensure as few problems as possible will arise. Perhaps this is all burning-in is.

Kill a man, you're a murdered. Kill many and you're a conqueror. Kill them all, you're a GOD