K700i Bluetooth dial-up modem problem solved

Last response: in Brands
November 1, 2004 2:28:59 PM

I post this for the assistance of others who may experience the same
problem. I was unable to successfully use the Bluetooth dial-up modem in my
K700i in conjunction with my HP 5550. It was resolved by putting a capital
Z in the extra initialisation string on the PDA.
November 1, 2004 5:52:34 PM

Is there anything else required in the "extra initialisation string" or just
a "Z"?
Thanks
"-keevill-" <keevilluss@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I post this for the assistance of others who may experience the same
> problem. I was unable to successfully use the Bluetooth dial-up modem in
my
> K700i in conjunction with my HP 5550. It was resolved by putting a
capital
> Z in the extra initialisation string on the PDA.

Anonymous
November 1, 2004 11:01:12 PM

Probably an implied "AT" so the result would be "ATZ", which is the standard
modem reset command. It's a bit of a kludge, since it's not guaranteed to
work as expected.

In <4185dd32$1_2@news.tm.net.my> on Mon, 1 Nov 2004 14:52:34 +0800, "A"
<a@bc.com> wrote:

>Is there anything else required in the "extra initialisation string" or just
>a "Z"?
>Thanks
>"-keevill-" <keevilluss@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I post this for the assistance of others who may experience the same
>> problem. I was unable to successfully use the Bluetooth dial-up modem in
>my
>> K700i in conjunction with my HP 5550. It was resolved by putting a
>capital
>> Z in the extra initialisation string on the PDA.

November 2, 2004 7:21:23 PM

> Probably an implied "AT" so the result would be "ATZ", which is the
standard
> modem reset command. It's a bit of a kludge, since it's not guaranteed to
> work as expected.

just a capital Z worked.

-keevill-
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 7:21:24 PM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <41874f5b$1_3@127.0.0.1> on Tue, 2 Nov 2004 16:21:23 +0700, "-keevill-"
<keevilluss@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Probably an implied "AT" so the result would be "ATZ", which is the standard
>> modem reset command. It's a bit of a kludge, since it's not guaranteed to
>> work as expected.
>
>just a capital Z worked.

I'd be willing to bet that "AT" is being silently prefaced (as Windows does),
since that's the standard modem command prefix. "Z" all by itself isn't a
valid (GSM) command.