K700i Bluetooth dial-up modem problem solved

I post this for the assistance of others who may experience the same
problem. I was unable to successfully use the Bluetooth dial-up modem in my
K700i in conjunction with my HP 5550. It was resolved by putting a capital
Z in the extra initialisation string on the PDA.
4 answers Last reply
More about k700i bluetooth dial modem problem solved

    Is there anything else required in the "extra initialisation string" or just
    a "Z"?
    Thanks
    "-keevill-" <keevilluss@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I post this for the assistance of others who may experience the same
    > problem. I was unable to successfully use the Bluetooth dial-up modem in
    my
    > K700i in conjunction with my HP 5550. It was resolved by putting a
    capital
    > Z in the extra initialisation string on the PDA.

    Probably an implied "AT" so the result would be "ATZ", which is the standard
    modem reset command. It's a bit of a kludge, since it's not guaranteed to
    work as expected.

    > Probably an implied "AT" so the result would be "ATZ", which is the
    standard
    > modem reset command. It's a bit of a kludge, since it's not guaranteed to
    > work as expected.

    just a capital Z worked.

    -keevill-

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <41874f5b$1_3@127.0.0.1> on Tue, 2 Nov 2004 16:21:23 +0700, "-keevill-"
    <keevilluss@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >> Probably an implied "AT" so the result would be "ATZ", which is the standard
    >> modem reset command. It's a bit of a kludge, since it's not guaranteed to
    >> work as expected.
    >
    >just a capital Z worked.

    I'd be willing to bet that "AT" is being silently prefaced (as Windows does),
    since that's the standard modem command prefix. "Z" all by itself isn't a
    valid (GSM) command.

Ericsson Modem Dial Up Connection Bluetooth