Low volume on my onboard AC97...

G

This might be the wrong place to ask this question, but since it deals with sound I thought I would give it a shot.

OK... I just built my PC and I am having problems with the sound. For some reason the volume is REALLY low even when all of the volume bars are maxed. I am using Win98SE. I have an Epox EP-8K3A+ motherboard(Apollo KT333 VIA) with onboard sound and I am using Polk speakers (the problem is not the speakers). I have the Avance AC97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller driver installed(5-22-02). The Audio controller is VIA 8233, and the AC97 codec is ALC650. Also the audio driver is version 5.10.0.3830. Evidently it says I have Direct X 6.1 installed right now, so I dont know if that has anything to do with the low volume but I doubt it.

As of right now I am in dire need for sound. Low volume is better than no sound I guess, but everything would be OK if I could get my Audigy card to work... (I talked about that question on another post)

Thanks for your help.... and please help me.. please... heh.

Keyboard Not Found: Press F10 to Continue.

G

Hmm... you know what.. I am not using amplified speakers... could that be it? I am using some Polk speakers that came with my old HP PC... and they only plug into the PC, not an outlet.

G

Very cool... I hooked up some amplified speakers to the thing and it works great now... THANKS Crashman!