Dowload WINDOWS starter for acer 5733

dhel1802

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
where can i find or download a windows starter cd if i want to restore my laptop ti its original factory settings

Solution
Even if he did that - the original hidden partition could still be on the HDD.

Check and see if you can get it to load for you:
MAajQ.jpg
That's a good guess. How much did you pay for it? I'm guessing there's no license sticker on the case or maybe around the battery attachment point?

Without a valid license key, Im not sure your friend did you any favors sticking you with a pirated OS.

dhel1802

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
ok i will try it.. thank you so much... but one last thing.. if this thing did not work... is there anyway to bring my laptop working??? i really dont care about the files but i dont want to end up crying..

It sounds like the hardware is OK.

One option is a free operating system - like Linux.
If you want to test it out first.... you can download and burn a bootable CD or USB thumb drive.
It's not 'windows' but it's also not so different you can't figure it out with some of the help guides out there. Ubuntu Desktop

It's fully worth your time bugging your friend for the missing license key.
Other options - (that still have a problem with missing license key for activation):
Borrow a friends Win7 installation media.
Download and burn your own install media. example

po1nted

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012

Contact the laptop manufacturer. They would be able to provide a disk(s) with all necessary drivers and OEM software, just like when it was new. I have done this with Dell and HP when selling off laptops, both provided the disks without any hassle.

Also, you would need the CD key for the OEM Windows install. This is commonly placed on a sticker on the bottom of the laptop (if it hasn't worn off).

pawsowth321

Honorable
Jun 30, 2012
Hello I don't no if IM in the right place and sorry for not adding to the previous topic.
My friend has been given a laptop with pirate w7u by his dad and it has had a new hard drive fitted so without saying the recovery partition is gone! Although it still has its original s/n for windows 7 starter I also have the same laptop and was wondering was there a way I could copy over the recovery and then use his s/n ? Any help would be very appreciated