DSP theory book/article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone know of an internet site or book that explains DSP theory
as it relates to home receivers with DSP? I'm looking for a highly technical
article/book that explains the sources of the clocks in the DSP circuitry.
In other words, I'm an audio technician trying to learn as much as possible
about DSP circuitry.
Thanks, Fred

johnson

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2001

Check the Analog Devices website -- there is a downloadable DSP book -- also
plenty of application notes. Texas Instruments may also help too.

Fred Besancon <besancon@earthlink.net> writes:

> Does anyone know of an internet site or book that explains DSP theory
> as it relates to home receivers with DSP? I'm looking for a highly technical
> article/book that explains the sources of the clocks in the DSP circuitry.
> In other words, I'm an audio technician trying to learn as much as possible
> about DSP circuitry.
> Thanks, Fred

Hi Fred,

If you ask or Google for "DSP theory," you'll probably get stuff you
on't want, like the Wiener-Khinchine theorem for stochastic processes.

Try instead looking for the datasheets of the parts used in the
receivers - they should define the clocking and interface signals.
--
Randy Yates
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications

> Does anyone know of an internet site or book that explains DSP theory
> as it relates to home receivers with DSP? I'm looking for a highly
> technical
> article/book that explains the sources of the clocks in the DSP
> circuitry.

The clocks in most consumer equipment are generated by an
82-cent crystal oscilator. Sorry it's not as highly technical
as you were seeking.

On Wed, 18 May 2005 08:30:14 -0400, "Johnson" <jdwalton@comt.net>
wrote:

>Check the Analog Devices website -- there is a downloadable DSP book -- also

It's also online at its own website: http://dspguide.com/

I've got this book specifically for audio (among others on general
DSP):
A Digital Signal Processing Primer : With Applications to Digital
Audio and Computer Music
by Ken Steiglitz

>plenty of application notes. Texas Instruments may also help too.
>
>"Fred Besancon" <besancon@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know of an internet site or book that explains DSP theory
>> as it relates to home receivers with DSP? I'm looking for a highly
>technical
>> article/book that explains the sources of the clocks in the DSP circuitry.

Sources of the clocks? It seems you want to know more than what
you're literally asking. This would almost always be a quartz crystal
oscillator, just like any computer or microcontroller. Raw data from a
CD or DAT will be clocked at whatever speed it comes from the media,
but it will be (among other things) buffered and reclocked out to a
DSO or D/A with a crystal-based clock.

>> In other words, I'm an audio technician trying to learn as much as
>possible
>> about DSP circuitry.

A good general DSP book will be applicable. Also, lurk and ask on
the newsgroup comp.dsp.

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley