Sign in with
Your question

Safe Mode on Windwos 7

Last response: in Windows 7
April 11, 2012 3:50:15 PM

Hi, ive got a new custom built computer with Windows 7 on and i need to try accessing safe mode to do some things yet when i do boot and hit F8 it comes up with the information about the hardrives in my machine, not the option to boot in safe mode? I have tried accessing the "msconfig" command but my stepdad has altered the permissions on my user and changed me from an Admin user to Standard user otherwise I could change it myself...so any ideas on how to boot in safe mode?

Many thanks

More about : safe mode windwos

April 11, 2012 3:57:32 PM

Sounds like there are reasons why you shouldn't be booting in safemode. What "things" are you trying to accomplish. Perhaps safemode isn't the best way to accomplish them and there are other ways.
April 11, 2012 3:59:13 PM

I don't think your stepdad wants anyone messing with safe mode. That's probably why he is the administrator. If you are trying to learn about computers or something, or trying to fix something, ask him to help you out and go into safe mode together then he can show you how things work. Why do you need to go into safemode?
Related resources
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
April 11, 2012 4:03:41 PM

press f8

then when you get the list of hard drives and dvd drives pick the one you want to boot from--select drive and

press enter

then press f8 again to get safe mode as its booting

my asus board also uses f8 for the boot menu (which is a bit stupid) so thats what i have to do
a b $ Windows 7
April 11, 2012 5:16:34 PM

^+1 - Yeah, what he said. You are just pressing <F8> to soon.
April 11, 2012 6:50:42 PM

ok cheers, and i want to get safe mode to enable my account as an admin again so that I can install software and install it when i want rather than having to constantly ask him. and yeah thanks, i have an asus board too.
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
April 11, 2012 6:58:21 PM

L4Star said:
ok cheers, and i want to get safe mode to enable my account as an admin again so that I can install software and install it when i want rather than having to constantly ask him. and yeah thanks, i have an asus board too.

Hi :) 

That wont work lol....

It wont allow you to change your account to admin without HIS password...

All the best Brett :) 
!