Redhat wont boot off of CDROM

Tutlas

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2001
i just finished a greuling 2 days of downloading redhat linux 7.2. welp, now it i cant boot off of the CD... the boot order in bios is set, i used MD5summer to make sure the file wasnt corrupted, so i tried to make a floppy boot disk using RAwrite.exe. when i try to do this it says error, i'm at my wit's end with linux and i just want to get it working =(

briapro

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2001
I am also new to Linux but I think I might know your problem. Once you download the iso files from Red Hat you must write them to a cdrom as an image. If you have EZ cd creator you can find this option under the File menu. I cannot step you through this because I have uninstalled ez cd. In Nero you do this by choosing File> Write CD-Image then follow the promts. Just copying the iso files to a cd rom is not enough. Maybe someone else can be more specific. Good luck.

I didn't do it.

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Here's a little more info: Start windows, put the cd in your drive. Open it up. What do you see? If:

1. You see enigma-something-something.iso
You didn't burn it correctly.

2. You see a whole ton of other files.
You burned it right and there's something else wrong.

I'll wait for your answer to this before trying to correct your problem if 2.

:smile:

Lyrics. Wasted time between solos.

Tutlas

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2001
yeah umm hehe i'm not that retarded, i didnt burn the .iso file to the CD and expect it to boot, when i check up on it in my computer i get like a million different files, and i know the file iso file wasnt corrupted when i burned it cause i did a check on that, i think other people have had thsi same problem, thx for your replies though.

TRENDING THREADS