Help: Organising PDFs into folders?

May 2, 2004 8:20:44 PM

Hi all,

I've got a 64MB Palm Tungsten T3 with a 64MB SD Card.

I've installed Acrobat reader for Palm handhelds and it's working fine, but
as I have a lot of PDFs I want to keep in the device (hundreds), is there a
way I can organise these into several folders that have appropriate names?

Many thanks,

CC
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 8:20:45 PM

Cockpit Colin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a 64MB Palm Tungsten T3 with a 64MB SD Card.
>
> I've installed Acrobat reader for Palm handhelds and it's working fine, but
> as I have a lot of PDFs I want to keep in the device (hundreds), is there a
> way I can organise these into several folders that have appropriate names?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> CC

1st at all, I recomend RepliGo isntead of Acrobat Reader for Palm OS.
Repli-Go installs as a virtual printer, just like Acrobat's Distiler,
and allows you to move to your palm any document that you can print,
keeping the formating (but you can view it as either the origial
formating, or plain text). It's faster than AR too.

If you want to categorize your files, use the categories to filter them.
You an only organize them in folders in your card, and that won't make
the programs categorize them. Some programs will find them, if you place
them in a sobfolder of the place they whould be, while others won't.
Still, those that find them, will put them all together, so it's useless
for organizational purposes...
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 8:56:33 AM

On Sun, 02 May 2004 11:14:33 +0200, Antoni Ten Monrós <kuroshima@gempukku.com>
spewed forth these words of wisdom:

>1st at all, I recomend RepliGo isntead of Acrobat Reader for Palm OS.
>Repli-Go installs as a virtual printer, just like Acrobat's Distiler,
>and allows you to move to your palm any document that you can print,
>keeping the formating (but you can view it as either the origial
>formating, or plain text). It's faster than AR too.
>
>If you want to categorize your files, use the categories to filter them.
>You an only organize them in folders in your card, and that won't make
>the programs categorize them. Some programs will find them, if you place
>them in a sobfolder of the place they whould be, while others won't.
>Still, those that find them, will put them all together, so it's useless
>for organizational purposes...

I second that suggestion.

--
Save Pepsi Blue!