Wireless Network Design

I am trying to build a network with the following
configuration: A cable will go to a cable modem. A
ethernet cable then goes to a ethernet four port router.
Two of the four ports of the four port router are
occupied by cables going to two desktop computers. One of
the other two ports on the four port router will be a
ethernet cable to a Microsoft MN-500 Wireless Base
Station. The wireless part of the MN-500 will be used to
connect to a laptop that will move around my house.
Question. Will this configuration work? If not what
can I do to make it work? One point. The position of the
cable modem and the ethernet four port router in this
configuration cannot be changed. All other items can be
changed if needed. Thank you very much.

As I understand this, you would need to run the MN-500 as an access point
.... (essentially a dumb pass through mode).

This setup should work fine provided your 4 port router is set up to dish
out IP addresses (provides DHCP services).