MP3 Ringtones

Last response: in Brands
Share
November 10, 2004 5:40:25 PM

Hello !

Do either the K500i / K700i / S700i support MP3s to be used as ringtones? I
know they support playback of MP3 clips using an in-built app.

--
Regards,

Sparky

>> The following ought to produce some neurological response <<

"The gap between the Ferrari Enzo and the Mercedes SLR is as wide as the gap
between Michael Schumacher and David Coulthard." -- Jeremy Clarkson, Host of
"Top Gear"

More about : mp3 ringtones

Anonymous
November 10, 2004 5:40:26 PM

Sparx wrote:
> Hello !
>
> Do either the K500i / K700i / S700i support MP3s to be used as ringtones? I
> know they support playback of MP3 clips using an in-built app.

At least the (unbranded) K700i does this. However, Vodafone here in
Germany brands the phone so badly - they would say smartly, I guess -
that it does not accept any non-Vodafone MP3 ringtone anymore.....

So you better make sure that you get an unbranded phone.

Cheers,
Horst
Anonymous
November 10, 2004 6:50:41 PM

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:40:25 +0530, Sparx wrote:

> Hello !
>
> Do either the K500i / K700i / S700i support MP3s to be used as ringtones?

Unbranded handsets definately do, However some branded/butchered/lobotomized
handsets have it disabled. e.g. Vodacack Live! .... WHY ????

> I know they support playback of MP3 clips using an in-built app.

Yup, they can also play AAC(MP4/iPod) music as well BTW

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 10, 2004 9:14:21 PM

In cmsn2k$6vb$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se, this is what Horst Peiffer
had to say :

< SNIP ! >

| So you better make sure that you get an unbranded phone.
|
| Cheers,
| Horst

Thanks for the info. What about the K500i ? Any one here have any experience
with this particular model ?

--
Regards,

Sparky

>> The following ought to produce some neurological response <<

"The gap between the Ferrari Enzo and the Mercedes SLR is as wide as the
gap between Michael Schumacher and David Coulthard." -- Jeremy Clarkson,
Host of "Top Gear"
November 11, 2004 5:04:17 PM

Many thanks to all who replied.

--
Regards,

Sparky

>> The following ought to produce some neurological response <<

"The gap between the Ferrari Enzo and the Mercedes SLR is as wide as the
gap between Michael Schumacher and David Coulthard." -- Jeremy Clarkson,
Host of "Top Gear"
November 27, 2004 2:59:36 AM

I bought an F500i which is Vodafone branded version of K500i and NO it won't
let you use MP3's as ringtones. I returned within my 14 day cooling off
period for full refund and bought a SIM free K500i which allows you to use
them without any hassle at all. Menus are much nicer to use too.

DON'T BUY ANY PHONE THAT IS VODAFONE BRANDED.........YOU'LL REGRET IT
BIGTIME.

"Sparx" <sparx@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
> Hello !
>
> Do either the K500i / K700i / S700i support MP3s to be used as ringtones?
> know they support playback of MP3 clips using an in-built app.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Sparky
>
>>> The following ought to produce some neurological response <<
>
> "The gap between the Ferrari Enzo and the Mercedes SLR is as wide as the
> gap
> between Michael Schumacher and David Coulthard." -- Jeremy Clarkson, Host
> of
> "Top Gear"

December 1, 2004 8:42:23 AM

Tell me about it :(
I had the same problem

--
deniz
http://cellphoneforums.net

I got a K700i (T-Mobile) and an S700i (Vodafone).

Now if you think I can have MP3 ringtones on my S700i your having a
laugh. I been up half the night thinking that there was something I
have been doing wrong. I sent a ringtone via bluetooth from my PC to my
S700i. Would the phone allow me to set it as a ringtone?

NO!

And from what I hear from reading the posts in this forum Vodafone
really have an issue with their branded stock. I dont get how a branded
K700i (T-Mobile) can allow me to do it but an S700i does not. I read a
section in the instruction book which says the following:

"If you want to use an MP3 as a ringtone, you can only use some
copyright-protected files specially designed as ringtones. Please
consult your network operator for more information"

Correct me if I'm not wrong but is this not commonly known as
"Business Bullshit?". An MP3 is an Mp3 it dont matter where you find
one they all work in the same way, its just funny how they allow you to
use the MP3's that come on the phone as a ringtone but not one that you
wish to choose. As well as being the most expensive network they also
seem to have the most excuses.

--
Lewinmc
December 7, 2004 11:51:38 PM

"Lewinmc" <Lewinmc.1gvfpn@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote in message

> I got a K700i (T-Mobile) and an S700i (Vodafone).
>
> Now if you think I can have MP3 ringtones on my S700i your having a
> laugh. I been up half the night thinking that there was something I
> have been doing wrong. I sent a ringtone via bluetooth from my PC to my
> S700i. Would the phone allow me to set it as a ringtone?
>
> NO!
>
> And from what I hear from reading the posts in this forum Vodafone
> really have an issue with their branded stock. I dont get how a branded
> K700i (T-Mobile) can allow me to do it but an S700i does not. I read a
> section in the instruction book which says the following:
>
> "If you want to use an MP3 as a ringtone, you can only use some
> copyright-protected files specially designed as ringtones. Please
> consult your network operator for more information"
>
> Correct me if I'm not wrong but is this not commonly known as
> "Business Bullshit?". An MP3 is an Mp3 it dont matter where you find
> one they all work in the same way, its just funny how they allow you to
> use the MP3's that come on the phone as a ringtone but not one that you
> wish to choose. As well as being the most expensive network they also
> seem to have the most excuses.

Welcome to Vodafone Live!

Glad you came?

--
Antz
Part of the UKtm family

I follow the second solution from

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=70829

It didn't work, then I found that my K700i's firmware not updated.
Went to SE service centre and got my firmware updated to R2AA003
IT WORK.

Tell everyone.
!