Help: Sound Blaster Audigy X-Gamer

claudehl

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hello:

I recently purchased a Sound Blaster Audigy X-Gamer. After prolonged use of any software that uses the soundcard, my computer will freeze while the speakers make a continous beep sound. Is this a driver issue or is this a hardware issue? Anyone run into this problem?

I'm currently using an Intel PIII667 with a VC820 Motherboard, Nvidia GeforceMX400 with 256MB RDRAM. Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks,
Claude Luu

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Attempt to get your SC and GFX card on seperate IRQ's as well.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Ah, slot 3 generally works because of the way the bios assigns IRQ's. The general idea is if your gfx is in agp, sound in slot 3, nic or modem in slot 5 or 6 then theoretically you dont have to modify the bios to get em all on different irqs. Bus mastering is a pain in the arse, all irq's should be set manually by default instead of automatically, more plug and pray making our lives harder than neccessary. Then i'd get more work too, setting everyone's irqs-)

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out