Sign in with
Your question

Having Gaming Problems...

Last response: in Video Games
October 16, 2001 11:59:23 PM

A couple days ago i started having crazy problems with diablo 2 lod and now im even having them with CS.... for d2 it goes slow-fast-slow and i get horrible fps (i used to get 50-70 fps, now i get 20 or less) my ping is fine at about 110...

today i tryed playing cs and it was way worse.... more slow then when i had 56k and played it....

dont really know whats going on but HELP

<font color=green>I can draw tyte give me the damn crayon!</font color=green>

More about : gaming problems

October 17, 2001 12:03:00 AM

Is your HDD accessing a lot? Have you defragmented recently? How much free space do you have? What's your OS?

Nice <b><font color=green>Lizards</b></font color=green> <b>crunch</b> Trolls cookies....... :smile: Yummy!! :smile:
October 19, 2001 1:28:26 AM

well i dont know how to answer your question about accesing my hd a lot but im going to try and defragment now.... im running win98se....

Related resources
October 19, 2001 6:22:12 PM

Go ahead and delete everything in your recyclebin, temp folder, internet cache. Then defragement. Go ahead and give us some system specs to ie.. processor, ram, video, hdd and such.

Nice <b><font color=green>Lizards</b></font color=green> <b>crunch</b> Trolls cookies....... :smile: Yummy!! :smile:
October 19, 2001 11:09:53 PM

1.2ghz tbird
256mg ddr crucial
60gig Ibm 60gxp
hercules gf3

my computer isnt gernerally going slow its just my fps is horrible and games go slow....

i think im going to reinstall me vidio crad drivers too

October 20, 2001 4:23:04 PM

ok i installed newest nvidia drivers, and deleated temperary internet and Temp files and my recycle bin and reformated and still having the d=same problem....

help?

October 20, 2001 5:48:00 PM

*wow*

Ok, so other than crashing the computer (the best answer for enny-thing-msft), here's the closest thing.

Download the past two whql drivers, the latest non-whql drivers, detonator destroyer, and gtu 3.10beta.
I complied all the drivers together so all the files needed are in one directory. You do that by copy (sequentially) the drivers into one folder in order of their upgrades. So 14.20whql << 14.60 << 19.10 << 21.81whql << 21.85

Startup in safe mode (f8), and install the latest drivers. Rather than ask 'what the hell good is *that* going to do', keep reading. Restart in normal, let it load up and make all the registry entries, then restart again (windows is a restarting fool) in safe mode. Go under 'remove programs', 'nvidia drivers', 'yes, I f*cking really want to get rid of them. Now.', 'no, I'll f*cking restart when I feel like it. Don't ever ask me this question again.'.

Anyway, now that you removed the detonator drivers and didn't restart the computer, run Detonator Destroyer. It'll chuck a few other files. Restart.

Point win9x to the directory which has all the driver files, and let it load it's own drivers. Don't run the setup program (*ever*).

That's as raw (read:good) as it gets.

I love the smell of <font color=red>NAPALM</font color=red> in the morning...
October 20, 2001 6:35:58 PM

woh ummm i dont know have the things you just said.. *lol*

what are whql files?
can you give me a bit mor of an explanation please

thnx

October 22, 2001 2:04:48 AM

?????????

!