Anyone using Ultra 320 SCSI

michaelsil1

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2002
If your using Ultra 320 SCSI can you tell me what your experiences are so far and how is it performing. I'm in the process of buying a controller and drive; so far I have found a controller and some drive references, but not the actual drives.

G

You have plenty of money then I take it?
As far as I know you will need a mainboard with a 64bit/66mhz pci bus slot to put it in to get some pleasure out of it as this is where the bottleneck is, but between devices on the SCSI controller card bus would be lightning fast. Sounds like you will be doing a whole lot of reading.heh. The Adaptec website is a good start.

If you are only buying the one drive it really is a wasted venture in my opinion. Have a look at U160's instead.

Thats my 2 cents worth. Good luck.

<A HREF="http://www.koalanet.com/australian-slang.html" target="_new">Aussie slang</A>

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
The Ultra 320 SCSI is mainly for RAID and server configuations, not the average workstation/desktop user. Big money!

<font color=purple><b>An average human brain weights aprox. 3lbs., but a thought weights a load.</font color=purple></b>

Clarentavious

Distinguished
May 24, 2002
These guys are right. I'm not aware of ANY drives that are 320. The 15,000 RPM drives from Seagate, Fujitsu, and IBM all run on the 160 format.

You really do have to be rich. Either that or a die hard freak like me that hates long loading times and does alot of transfers (and I don't use SCSI cuz I don't have the money).