Windows.old file on C drive after fresh install on new SSD

soulweeper

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
I just built my first computer, and it has an SSD and an HDD. I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 on the brand new SSD, and on the C Drive I'm seeing a windows.old file that is 11.5GB, and there is a windows file that is 12.3GB. I don't get this at all. Like I said, it is my first computer.....everything seemed to go well with the build, and sp far things are working, but I know this isn't right. This was a brand new drive, like I said, I do remember when it was going through the different parts of the install, and restarting several times, that it seemed like it was staarting at the beginning again.....as If when it had finished, I didn't take the DVD out, and was basically starting the install "again"....if that makes sense, I stopped it, and pulled the DVD and it booted up, and seems o.k. so not really sure what I did, or if I did anything wrong. Anyway, I don't think I'm suppoed to be seeing both of these files, so if anyone knows what I may have done wrong, or how to get rid of that windows.old if it's not supposed to be there, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

soulweeper

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

Yes, I think I did. Wasn't totally paying attention. :??:
Thank you both.