Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

K700i Bluetooth & File Access Question

Last response: in Brands
Share
November 19, 2004 4:47:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

Hey all,

I have a K700i and I use the camera fairly frequently. At the moment, I'm
using infra-red to transfer images from phone to PC. I've just bought a new
motherboard which has a nice Bluetooth slot for me to plug a card into, so
I'm considering getting one.

The problem I have with infra-red is that I have to send each picture
individually to windows, and then accept each send, and so on. With over
300 pics, it is far too tedious, so most of my pics stay on the phone :/ 

My question is: with Bluetooth, can I browse the phone like a removable
disk (as I do with my digicam) in XP? Or will I still face the same issue
of sending pics one by one?

Thanks for any help,
--
slim
Anonymous
November 19, 2004 5:35:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:47:22 +0000, slim wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I have a K700i and I use the camera fairly frequently. At the moment, I'm
> using infra-red to transfer images from phone to PC. I've just bought a new
> motherboard which has a nice Bluetooth slot for me to plug a card into, so
> I'm considering getting one.
>
> The problem I have with infra-red is that I have to send each picture
> individually to windows, and then accept each send, and so on. With over
> 300 pics, it is far too tedious, so most of my pics stay on the phone :/ 
>
> My question is: with Bluetooth, can I browse the phone like a removable
> disk (as I do with my digicam) in XP?

Yup .... 'My Bluetooth places' > 'OBEX File Transfer'.

> Or will I still face the same issue
> of sending pics one by one?

Nope.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
November 19, 2004 9:41:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

michael turner <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in
news:p an.2004.11.19.14.35.49.533000@grfpb.arg:

<snip>

>
> Yup .... 'My Bluetooth places' > 'OBEX File Transfer'.
>

Hurrah! Thanks very much Michael, that's great news. I know it's worth the
upgrade now :) 

Cheers
--
slim
Related resources
Anonymous
November 20, 2004 6:00:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

michael turner <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote:

>Yup .... 'My Bluetooth places' > 'OBEX File Transfer'.

I'm using XP/SP2 but can't find My Bluetooth Places. I can
only use the BT Device Wizard to transfer from my K700i to
PC. The Sony software didn't seem to work and the software
that came with the BT dongle doesn't either. I'm going to
try FMA but would still like to know how to transfer
multiple files. Thanks ...
---------------
To email go to my address and take out the dog...
Anonymous
November 20, 2004 7:45:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <2smup0ddelbp9fms86a73oou0k1h6fgn2c@4ax.com> on Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:00:16
GMT, JimGC <jimgc@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>michael turner <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote:
>
>>Yup .... 'My Bluetooth places' > 'OBEX File Transfer'.
>
>I'm using XP/SP2 but can't find My Bluetooth Places.

You only get that with a non-Microsoft Bluetooth stack (as supplied by the
hardware vendor). Bluetooth support in SP2 is more limited.

>I can
>only use the BT Device Wizard to transfer from my K700i to
>PC. The Sony software didn't seem to work and the software
>that came with the BT dongle doesn't either. I'm going to
>try FMA but would still like to know how to transfer
>multiple files. Thanks ...

FMA does work with the Microsoft SP2 Bluetooth stack.

The Microsoft guide for the Z600 may give you some insight on the K700
<http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/blue...;

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
!