K700i Bluetooth & File Access Question

Hey all,

I have a K700i and I use the camera fairly frequently. At the moment, I'm
using infra-red to transfer images from phone to PC. I've just bought a new
motherboard which has a nice Bluetooth slot for me to plug a card into, so
I'm considering getting one.

The problem I have with infra-red is that I have to send each picture
individually to windows, and then accept each send, and so on. With over
300 pics, it is far too tedious, so most of my pics stay on the phone :/

My question is: with Bluetooth, can I browse the phone like a removable
disk (as I do with my digicam) in XP? Or will I still face the same issue
of sending pics one by one?

Thanks for any help,
--
slim
4 answers Last reply

    On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:47:22 +0000, slim wrote:

    > Hey all,
    >
    > I have a K700i and I use the camera fairly frequently. At the moment, I'm
    > using infra-red to transfer images from phone to PC. I've just bought a new
    > motherboard which has a nice Bluetooth slot for me to plug a card into, so
    > I'm considering getting one.
    >
    > The problem I have with infra-red is that I have to send each picture
    > individually to windows, and then accept each send, and so on. With over
    > 300 pics, it is far too tedious, so most of my pics stay on the phone :/
    >
    > My question is: with Bluetooth, can I browse the phone like a removable
    > disk (as I do with my digicam) in XP?

    Yup .... 'My Bluetooth places' > 'OBEX File Transfer'.

    > Or will I still face the same issue
    > of sending pics one by one?

    Nope.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

    michael turner <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote in

    <snip>

    > Yup .... 'My Bluetooth places' > 'OBEX File Transfer'.

    Hurrah! Thanks very much Michael, that's great news. I know it's worth the
    upgrade now :)

    Cheers
    --
    slim

    michael turner <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote:

    >Yup .... 'My Bluetooth places' > 'OBEX File Transfer'.

    I'm using XP/SP2 but can't find My Bluetooth Places. I can
    only use the BT Device Wizard to transfer from my K700i to
    PC. The Sony software didn't seem to work and the software
    that came with the BT dongle doesn't either. I'm going to
    try FMA but would still like to know how to transfer
    multiple files. Thanks ...
    ---------------
    To email go to my address and take out the dog...

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <2smup0ddelbp9fms86a73oou0k1h6fgn2c@4ax.com> on Sat, 20 Nov 2004 15:00:16
    GMT, JimGC <jimgc@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >michael turner <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote:
    >
    >>Yup .... 'My Bluetooth places' > 'OBEX File Transfer'.
    >
    >I'm using XP/SP2 but can't find My Bluetooth Places.

    You only get that with a non-Microsoft Bluetooth stack (as supplied by the
    hardware vendor). Bluetooth support in SP2 is more limited.

    >I can
    >only use the BT Device Wizard to transfer from my K700i to
    >PC. The Sony software didn't seem to work and the software
    >that came with the BT dongle doesn't either. I'm going to
    >try FMA but would still like to know how to transfer
    >multiple files. Thanks ...

    FMA does work with the Microsoft SP2 Bluetooth stack.

    The Microsoft guide for the Z600 may give you some insight on the K700
    <http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/bluetooth_compat.mspx>

Ericsson Phones Bluetooth