TV Card with multiple composite inputs

craighann

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2002
Does anyone know if any tv cards exist with multiple composite inputs, so that more than one video feed can be displayed on screen? I'm looking for alternatives to using monitors in a TV studio environment, and if I can find tv cards with multiple composites, then it could mean replacing 3+ monitors with one SVGA monitor showing each feed in a separate window.

If no such card exists, does anyone have any alternative suggestions?

hunter_ace

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2002
have you tried looking into the secrity monitor cards for a pc yet. i think i remember seeing one with 4 inputs was color and bnc conectors but that just means you would need adaptor for the inputs. not sure how the software would work for it though.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I once saw a little brown box that looked like it was made in the 1970's, that was a "Video Signal Combiner". It had 4 RCA Composite inputs and one video output. The output was four windows on a screen. It was being used in a security guard's station. That was like 10 years ago. So I'm fairly certain you'll find what you need.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>