correct way to disable sb16 emulation???

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
i know, other than disabling in device mgr that i am supposed to edit my config files. i cant remember. does anyone know what those changes are? im running 98se.

....the birds seemed to be calling him, thought caw....

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
go into device manager, right click on the sb16 emulation device, select disable in this profile. Done.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
yes, that is what i did. i remembered the others also.... msconfig.... sysini file (i think, its not in front of me) and uncheck two entries there....

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
I never could find anything other than that related to SB 16 when i had my live. Interesting.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
did you see what im talking about? you can also do a "sysedit" and see it there.....

ritesh_laud

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001
i know, other than disabling in device mgr that i am supposed to edit my config files. i cant remember. does anyone know what those changes are? im running 98se.
The Live! has a real mode SB16 emulator called SBEINIT that runs in your autoexec.bat. However, this should only be in your autoexec.bat if you're booting to DOS and intend to play a game from DOS. This emulator does nothing in Windows and simply wastes some of your conventional memory. The Live! installation should not have put this in your autoexec.bat automatically. So it's likely that the only thing you have to do is disable it in Device Manager.

Ritesh