can i change how long phone rings? -T610

Cab I change the time my phone rings? When I notice it, I am usually too
late.
I have T-mobile USA service.

DF
26 answers Last reply
More about change long phone rings t610

    You need to contact your carrier to have it ajusted its not handset related

    On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 19:49:26 +1100, "Paul Wright" <noway@spam> wrote:

    >You need to contact your carrier to have it ajusted its not handset related

    Or use the GSM codes.

    No Answer Delay nn seconds: max 30 seconds, in 5 second increments
    Set: **61*destination*nn#[SEND]
    Cancel: ##61#[SEND]
    Query: *#61#[SEND]

    Unreachable Set: **62*destination#[SEND]
    Cancel: #62#[SEND]
    Query: *#62#[SEND]

    Busy Set: **67*destination#[SEND]
    Cancel: ##67#[SEND]
    Query: *#67#[SEND]

    Cancel All ##002#[SEND]

    The other way is to have your voice mail turned off.

    --
    John F. Eldredge -- john@jfeldredge.com
    PGP key available from http://pgp.mit.edu

    Unfortunately this is only partly true....

    Besides this fact, I don have increasing ring on. Ericsson has built in an
    automatic increasing ring if the vlume is set higher than 3. For oblivious
    reason, one of which is to 'not blow up the speaker'. Doesn't make sense,
    since just listening to the ringtones occurs without the increasing ring.
    The other was 'to protect the ears', in case u just had it near your ear,
    which also makes no sense since the only time u have it there is wen u are
    calling, when it won't ring since u r in a call already.
    Anyway, this last for 3 rings. The last 3 rings are on volume. Check it, if
    not u have a special phone!!

    But if I were to have my phone in my jacket, I would not here until the last
    one. By the time I get this, it is too late.

    if I could just increase the overall time I might be able to hear 6 full
    rings or more.

    I guess I have to just turn voicemail off and on when i need it....although
    the question remains, how long will it ring then.

    Anyway, to your response....thanks, but obviously that was the first thing I
    checked.

    DF

    "John F. Eldredge" <john@jfeldredge.com> wrote in message

    > --
    > John F. Eldredge -- john@jfeldredge.com
    > PGP key available from http://pgp.mit.edu
    > "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better
    > than not to think at all." -- Hypatia of Alexandria

    The length of time the phone rings before going to voicemail has
    nothing to do with the volume setting on the phone. But you can program
    it from the handset:

    To Divert Voice Calls

    Delay nn seconds: max 30 seconds, in 5 second increments

    Set: **61*destination*11*nn#[SEND]

    Cancel: ##61*11#[SEND]

    Query: *#61*11#[SEND]

    So if you want 30 seconds to answer your phone, and you have t-mobile
    you enter:

    **61*18056377243*11*30# [send]

    On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 15:43:10 GMT, steve <reply@news.group> wrote:

    >The length of time the phone rings before going to voicemail has
    >nothing to do with the volume setting on the phone. But you can program
    >it from the handset:

    I'd already posted those!!!

    That post hasn't shown up on Earthlinks news servers, though I did find
    it on google groups.

    Hope your not too upset!

    Steve

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:00:19 GMT, steve <reply@news.group> wrote:

    >That post hasn't shown up on Earthlinks news servers, though I did find
    >it on google groups.
    >
    >Hope your not too upset!

    Me? Nah!!

    In article <251120040943089181%reply@news.group>, steve
    <reply@news.group> writes
    >To Divert Voice Calls
    >
    >Delay nn seconds: max 30 seconds, in 5 second increments
    >
    >Set: **61*destination*11*nn#[SEND]
    >
    >Cancel: ##61*11#[SEND]
    >
    >Query: *#61*11#[SEND]
    >

    >So if you want 30 seconds to answer your phone, and you have t-mobile
    >you enter:
    >
    > **61*18056377243*11*30# [send]

    Hope you'll forgive a lurking newbie joining in ...

    This all looks very interesting, I'm hooked but I'm not sure what it's
    about. Is this actually programming from the phone? Where '*' is the
    phone key and 'destination' is a phone number? And '[SEND]' is what?
    Where do I find out about all this? I've Googled 'programming' + 'T610'
    and thousands of results appear. Where do I start? It all looks pretty
    amazing.

    Thanks.
    --
    Sam@sontecNOSPAM.demon.co.uk
    Remove NOSPAM to e-mail me

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <Mu88mCB8R5qBFwcF@sontec.demon.co.uk> on Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:28:28 +0000,
    Sam <worby@sontecNOSPAM.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    >In article <251120040943089181%reply@news.group>, steve
    ><reply@news.group> writes
    >>To Divert Voice Calls
    >>
    >>Delay nn seconds: max 30 seconds, in 5 second increments
    >>
    >>Set: **61*destination*11*nn#[SEND]
    >>
    >>Cancel: ##61*11#[SEND]
    >>
    >>Query: *#61*11#[SEND]
    >>

    >>So if you want 30 seconds to answer your phone, and you have t-mobile
    >>you enter:
    >>
    >> **61*18056377243*11*30# [send]
    >>
    >Hope you'll forgive a lurking newbie joining in ...
    >
    >This all looks very interesting, I'm hooked but I'm not sure what it's
    >about. Is this actually programming from the phone? Where '*' is the
    >phone key and 'destination' is a phone number? And '[SEND]' is what?
    >Where do I find out about all this? I've Googled 'programming' + 'T610'
    >and thousands of results appear. Where do I start? It all looks pretty
    >amazing.

    These are standard GSM codes, sent by dialing (sending on some phones).
    Punch in the number, and dial however your phone does that.

  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    In article <GNMqd.8424$_3.100598@typhoon.sonic.net>, John Navas
    <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> writes
    >[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    >In <Mu88mCB8R5qBFwcF@sontec.demon.co.uk> on Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:28:28 +0000,
    >Sam <worby@sontecNOSPAM.demon.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <251120040943089181%reply@news.group>, steve
    >><reply@news.group> writes
    >>>To Divert Voice Calls
    >>>
    >>>Delay nn seconds: max 30 seconds, in 5 second increments
    >>>
    >>>Set: **61*destination*11*nn#[SEND]
    >>>
    >>>Cancel: ##61*11#[SEND]
    >>>
    >>>Query: *#61*11#[SEND]
    >>>

    >>>So if you want 30 seconds to answer your phone, and you have t-mobile
    >>>you enter:
    >>>
    >>> **61*18056377243*11*30# [send]
    >>>
    >>Hope you'll forgive a lurking newbie joining in ...
    >>
    >>This all looks very interesting, I'm hooked but I'm not sure what it's
    >>about. Is this actually programming from the phone? Where '*' is the
    >>phone key and 'destination' is a phone number? And '[SEND]' is what?
    >>Where do I find out about all this? I've Googled 'programming' + 'T610'
    >>and thousands of results appear. Where do I start? It all looks pretty
    >>amazing.
    >
    >These are standard GSM codes, sent by dialing (sending on some phones).
    >Punch in the number, and dial however your phone does that.

    I had to look up what GSM is! I'm that new to all this. I've only just
    managed to sync my phone (a T610) to my PC using Bluetooth and that took
    the best part of a week (mostly because the Bluetooth on the phone was
    faulty and I had to get a new handset). This thread has aroused my
    curiosity and I'm thinking there's an awful lot that can be done with a
    phone like a T610 besides sending a few photos to your PC or downloading
    a ringtone. Am I correct? I mean, it seems that all kinds of features
    (like how long the phone will ring before the answering machine kicks
    in) can be programmed to suit the user. None of this is in the manual
    that came with the phone. Where do I find out about it?

    Thanks.
    --
    Sam@sontecNOSPAM.demon.co.uk
    Remove NOSPAM to e-mail me
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <BD2Qx6ARLOrBFwny@sontec.demon.co.uk> on Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:14:57 +0000,
    Sam <worby@sontecNOSPAM.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    >In article <GNMqd.8424$_3.100598@typhoon.sonic.net>, John Navas
    ><spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> writes
    >>
    >>In <Mu88mCB8R5qBFwcF@sontec.demon.co.uk> on Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:28:28 +0000,
    >>Sam <worby@sontecNOSPAM.demon.co.uk> wrote:
    >>
    >>>In article <251120040943089181%reply@news.group>, steve
    >>><reply@news.group> writes

    >>>Hope you'll forgive a lurking newbie joining in ...
    >>>
    >>>This all looks very interesting, I'm hooked but I'm not sure what it's
    >>>about. Is this actually programming from the phone? Where '*' is the
    >>>phone key and 'destination' is a phone number? And '[SEND]' is what?
    >>>Where do I find out about all this? I've Googled 'programming' + 'T610'
    >>>and thousands of results appear. Where do I start? It all looks pretty
    >>>amazing.
    >>
    >>These are standard GSM codes, sent by dialing (sending on some phones).
    >>Punch in the number, and dial however your phone does that.
    >>
    >I had to look up what GSM is! I'm that new to all this. I've only just
    >managed to sync my phone (a T610) to my PC using Bluetooth and that took
    >the best part of a week (mostly because the Bluetooth on the phone was
    >faulty and I had to get a new handset). This thread has aroused my
    >curiosity and I'm thinking there's an awful lot that can be done with a
    >phone like a T610 besides sending a few photos to your PC or downloading
    >a ringtone. Am I correct? I mean, it seems that all kinds of features
    >(like how long the phone will ring before the answering machine kicks
    >in) can be programmed to suit the user. None of this is in the manual
    >that came with the phone. Where do I find out about it?

    "Google is your friend!"
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_epq=gsm+codes

  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    You used 58 lines to NOT answering the question!

    Why?

    --
    ====================================== phone pages
    http://borgus.net ---- http://osbymikro.tk

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <41acf9d0.27566765@news.individual.net> on Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:53:54 GMT,
    borje@gmx.net (BG) wrote:

    >You used 58 lines to NOT answering the question!

    You used 2 lines to be rude!

    >Why?

    Why?

    p.s. I answered the question. You were just too hasty to notice.

  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    I don't call referring to google an answer!!!

    If that is your answer to all questions, noone would dare asking here.

    If you don't know the answer, don't answer!!!

    --
    ====================================== phone pages
    http://borgus.net ---- http://osbymikro.tk
    ====================================== free sms
    http://2sms.tk
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    In message <41acf9d0.27566765@news.individual.net>, BG <borje@gmx.net>
    writes
    >You used 58 lines to NOT answering the question!
    >
    >Why?

    I think you'll find he did answer it. That is, if you mean the Navas
    chappie. Your lack of attributes at the start is as big a crime as not
    snipping 58 lines!!!!
    --
    Pete Devlin
    Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <41ad00c2.29344843@news.individual.net> on Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:24:50 GMT,
    borje@gmx.net (BG) wrote:

    >I don't call referring to google an answer!!!
    >
    >If that is your answer to all questions, noone would dare asking here.
    >
    >If you don't know the answer, don't answer!!!

    If you can't be bothered to click the links, and to learn how to help yourself
    in the future, then you don't deserve any answers at all.

  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    "pete devlin" <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> skrev i meddelandet
    > In message <41acf9d0.27566765@news.individual.net>, BG <borje@gmx.net>
    > writes
    > >You used 58 lines to NOT answering the question!
    > >
    > >Why?
    > >
    > I think you'll find he did answer it. That is, if you mean the Navas
    > chappie. Your lack of attributes at the start is as big a crime as not
    > snipping 58 lines!!!!
    > --
    > Pete Devlin
    > [{//////news03//////at\\\\\secondrow/////co\\\\\uk}]
    > Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
    > Kaiser Wilhelm

    hmmm

    I tried the link, and I saw a list of 577 articles.

    Is that an answer?

    When newbies ask questions, they don't need 577 articles.
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <3f8rd.123091$dP1.434346@newsc.telia.net> on Wed, 01 Dec 2004 00:28:47 GMT,
    "Bob Martin" <nosuchaddress@all.com> wrote:

    >"pete devlin" <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> skrev i meddelandet
    >> In message <41acf9d0.27566765@news.individual.net>, BG <borje@gmx.net>
    >> writes
    >> >You used 58 lines to NOT answering the question!
    >> >
    >> >Why?
    >> >
    >> I think you'll find he did answer it. That is, if you mean the Navas
    >> chappie. Your lack of attributes at the start is as big a crime as not
    >> snipping 58 lines!!!!

    >hmmm
    >
    >I tried the link, and I saw a list of 577 articles.
    >
    >Is that an answer?

    The answer was in the very first link, and you would have learned if you
    weren't working so hard at being obtuse.

    >When newbies ask questions, they don't need 577 articles.

    When someone is hungry, it serves them better to teach them how to grow their
    own food, rather than just giving them a one-shot handout.

  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 01:03:16 GMT, John Navas
    <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

    >The answer was in the very first link, and you would have learned if you
    >weren't working so hard at being obtuse.
    >
    >>When newbies ask questions, they don't need 577 articles.
    >
    >When someone is hungry, it serves them better to teach them how to grow their
    >own food, rather than just giving them a one-shot handout.

    I think when someone asks a question, he wants an answer, not taught
    how to live his life.

    If he were intereseted in changing his life he would have seen a
    therapist or maybe a priest.

    This is not a forum for bringing up children, it's all about
    exchanging knowledge!

    --
    ====================================== phone pages
    http://borgus.net ---- http://osbymikro.tk
    ====================================== free sms
    http://2sms.tk
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    "John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> skrev i meddelandet
    > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    > In <3f8rd.123091$dP1.434346@newsc.telia.net> on Wed, 01 Dec 2004 00:28:47
    GMT,
    > "Bob Martin" <nosuchaddress@all.com> wrote:
    >
    > >hmmm
    > >
    > >I tried the link, and I saw a list of 577 articles.
    > >
    > >Is that an answer?
    >
    > The answer was in the very first link, and you would have learned if you
    > weren't working so hard at being obtuse.

    ?????

    > >When newbies ask questions, they don't need 577 articles.
    >
    > When someone is hungry, it serves them better to teach them how to grow
    their
    > own food, rather than just giving them a one-shot handout.

    Childish besserwisser!!!
  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    In article <hd7rd.8605$_3.103690@typhoon.sonic.net>,
    >[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    >In <41acf9d0.27566765@news.individual.net> on Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:53:54 GMT,
    >borje@gmx.net (BG) wrote:
    >
    >>You used 58 lines to NOT answering the question!
    >
    >You used 2 lines to be rude!
    >
    >>Why?
    >
    >Why?
    >
    >p.s. I answered the question. You were just too hasty to notice.

    I'm grateful for any kind of answer! John Navas's Googling was much
    better than mine and although it yielded over 14,000 web pages the first
    page I went to gave me an excellent start. Now I just have to wade
    through the other 13,999 :)

    At least I now know what GSM codes are. I've got a lot to learn and I'm
    happy to spend time finding out what my little SE T610 can do. I tried
    changing the amount of time my phone rings before the answering service
    kicks in (the original subject of this thread started by someone else)
    by using the GSM code but I just got a message saying it was
    unsuccessful. Can the network provider (in this case Orange in the UK)
    block these codes?

    I'm sorry my postings caused some friction between you guys posting to
    this thread. I guess everyone was trying to be helpful in their own way.
    --
    Sam@sontecNOSPAM.demon.co.uk
    Remove NOSPAM to e-mail me
  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <lx$5tIA3jcrBFwAc@sontec.demon.co.uk> on Wed, 1 Dec 2004 13:36:55 +0000,
    Sam <worby@sontecNOSPAM.demon.co.uk> wrote:

    >At least I now know what GSM codes are. I've got a lot to learn and I'm
    >happy to spend time finding out what my little SE T610 can do. I tried
    >changing the amount of time my phone rings before the answering service
    >kicks in (the original subject of this thread started by someone else)
    >by using the GSM code but I just got a message saying it was
    >unsuccessful. Can the network provider (in this case Orange in the UK)
    >block these codes?

    Yes -- not all carriers support all codes.

  24. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <41ad7d02.197265@news.individual.net> on Wed, 01 Dec 2004 08:18:43 GMT,
    borje@gmx.net (BG) wrote:

    >On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 01:03:16 GMT, John Navas
    ><spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:
    >
    >>The answer was in the very first link, and you would have learned if you
    >>weren't working so hard at being obtuse.
    >>
    >>>When newbies ask questions, they don't need 577 articles.
    >>
    >>When someone is hungry, it serves them better to teach them how to grow their
    >>own food, rather than just giving them a one-shot handout.
    >
    >I think when someone asks a question, he wants an answer,

    He got an answer -- first link in the Google search results.

    >not taught
    >how to live his life.

    We'll just have to agree to disagree.

  25. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    In message <lx$5tIA3jcrBFwAc@sontec.demon.co.uk>, Sam
    <worby@sontecNOSPAM.demon.co.uk> writes
    >In article <hd7rd.8605$_3.103690@typhoon.sonic.net>,
    >>[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >>
    >>In <41acf9d0.27566765@news.individual.net> on Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:53:54 GMT,
    >>borje@gmx.net (BG) wrote:
    >>
    >>>You used 58 lines to NOT answering the question!
    >>
    >>You used 2 lines to be rude!
    >>
    >>>Why?
    >>
    >>Why?
    >>
    >>p.s. I answered the question. You were just too hasty to notice.
    >>
    >I'm grateful for any kind of answer! John Navas's Googling was much
    >better than mine and although it yielded over 14,000 web pages the first
    >page I went to gave me an excellent start. Now I just have to wade
    >through the other 13,999 :)
    >
    >At least I now know what GSM codes are. I've got a lot to learn and I'm
    >happy to spend time finding out what my little SE T610 can do. I tried
    >changing the amount of time my phone rings before the answering service
    >kicks in (the original subject of this thread started by someone else)
    >by using the GSM code but I just got a message saying it was
    >unsuccessful. Can the network provider (in this case Orange in the UK)
    >block these codes?
    >
    >I'm sorry my postings caused some friction between you guys posting to
    >this thread. I guess everyone was trying to be helpful in their own way.

    The "destination" number has to be the number of your mailbox. I don't
    know what it is for Orange, but for Voda if you type "*#104# send" it
    will reveal your mailbox number. Could be worth a try. Otherwise, call
    them, they'll give you the number. You need it for travelling abroad
    etc.
    --
    Pete Devlin
    Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
    Kaiser Wilhelm
  26. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 14:41:53 +0000, pete devlin
    <spamtrap@secondrow.co.uk> wrote:

    >The "destination" number has to be the number of your mailbox. I don't
    >know what it is for Orange, but for Voda if you type "*#104# send" it
    >will reveal your mailbox number. Could be worth a try. Otherwise, call
    >them, they'll give you the number. You need it for travelling abroad
    >etc.

    The *#104# is a Vodafone UK specific code.

    --
    http://borgus.net ---- http://osbymikro.tk
    http://2sms.tk

Ericsson Mobile Phones