p910i no sync

Last response: in Brands
Share
November 26, 2004 2:45:00 PM

Anyone having problems getting their p910i regonised under win xp sp2? keeps
saying disconnected,had no problems before with p900,might be my own fault
as i had uninstalled p900 software before installing new p910 software,maybe
it would have upgraded the software for me?

ferg

remove nospam to reply

--

More about : p910i sync

Anonymous
November 26, 2004 4:11:45 PM

ferg wrote:
> Anyone having problems getting their p910i regonised under win xp sp2? keeps
> saying disconnected,had no problems before with p900,might be my own fault
> as i had uninstalled p900 software before installing new p910 software,maybe
> it would have upgraded the software for me?
>
> ferg
>
> remove nospam to reply

I have experienced the same problem. It is not that it is never recognized, but it
sometimes has difficulties to recognize. Sometimes, if you say change phone on the
connection link, it finds it; plug in plug out, etc, the usual stuffs one tries.

I did not have a P900 before, so I cannot comment on the upgrade question. But before I
upgraded to SP2, everything worked all right, so I presume it is a clash with SP2.
Hopefully, SE will come out with a patch, eventually...

Ivan
Anonymous
November 26, 2004 6:41:57 PM

Does this work with Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones (
http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ )? Our program works both with SonyEricsson
P900 and P910 as well, as with their predecessor SonyEricsson P800.

Note: our program supports only infrared and bluetooth connection. We don't
support cable connection in OPMS.

Don't forget to deactivate SonyEricsson Data suite before running Oxygen
Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones. You can download the latest trial
version here: http://www.opm-2.com/download/symbianopm.zip

PS: Please, read installation notes and instructions very carefully!

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, ferg!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.ericsson on Fri, 26 Nov 2004
11:45:00 -0000 from address submitsite99nospam@hotmail.com:

>Anyone having problems getting their p910i regonised under win xp sp2?
>keeps
>saying disconnected,had no problems before with p900,might be my own
>fault
>as i had uninstalled p900 software before installing new p910
>software,maybe
>it would have upgraded the software for me?

>ferg

>remove nospam to reply

>--
Related resources
November 26, 2004 6:41:58 PM

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:41:57 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
<support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:

>Note: our program supports only infrared and bluetooth connection. We don't
>support cable connection in OPMS.

well when it does come back, why should ppl go buy more equipment to
use your software when there is a very good sync station to be used ?
November 26, 2004 6:41:59 PM

BORG <borg@deadspam.com> wrote in

> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:41:57 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
> <support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:
>
>>Note: our program supports only infrared and bluetooth connection. We
>>don't support cable connection in OPMS.
>

> well when it does come back, why should ppl go buy more equipment to
> use your software when there is a very good sync station to be used ?

Yeah, I'm getting sick and tired of Oxygen. There are about 10 spam
messages by them over the last two weeks.

Rule number one: Never buy from spammers.
Anonymous
November 26, 2004 8:55:55 PM

On 26 Nov 2004 15:39:43 GMT, Carl wrote:

> BORG <borg@deadspam.com> wrote in
>
>> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:41:57 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
>> <support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Note: our program supports only infrared and bluetooth connection. We
>>>don't support cable connection in OPMS.
>>

>> well when it does come back, why should ppl go buy more equipment to
>> use your software when there is a very good sync station to be used ?
>>

> Yeah, I'm getting sick and tired of Oxygen. There are about 10 spam
> messages by them over the last two weeks.
>
> Rule number one: Never buy from spammers.

yeah... and what's the use of that Oxygen anyway?!?

I mean, there's nothing more, that you can not do with it's org soft?!
November 26, 2004 8:55:56 PM

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:55:55 +0100, Maxim M <"sebringBRIŠI"@net.hr>
wrote:

>On 26 Nov 2004 15:39:43 GMT, Carl wrote:
>
>> BORG <borg@deadspam.com> wrote in

>>> well when it does come back, why should ppl go buy more equipment to
>>> use your software when there is a very good sync station to be used ?
>>>

>> Yeah, I'm getting sick and tired of Oxygen. There are about 10 spam
>> messages by them over the last two weeks.
>>
>> Rule number one: Never buy from spammers.
>
>yeah... and what's the use of that Oxygen anyway?!?
>
>I mean, there's nothing more, that you can not do with it's org soft?!

the SMS side of things is handy mind, you can't read send with the
original software, its the fact that they expect you to go buy a Bt
dongle or Ir dongle on top. The cradle is there already and works
well, for some:) , so why not use that.
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 5:43:37 AM

Being that 'm fighting that battle even as we speak, I've discovered that if
the phone is locked (ie, Auto-Lock is On), the PC won't see the phone. I've
had to disable the Autolock feature to resolve this...

>>> ferg<submitsite99nospam@hotmail.com> 11/26/2004 5:45:00 AM >>>

Anyone having problems getting their p910i regonised under win xp sp2? keeps
saying disconnected,had no problems before with p900,might be my own fault
as i had uninstalled p900 software before installing new p910 software,maybe
it would have upgraded the software for me?
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 2:55:05 PM

Unfortunately, there are some standard limitations, that doesn't allow us to
use sync. stand. Our software uses incoming connection from mobile device to
PC and synchronization stand doesn't allow to establish such connection. It
accepts only outgoing connections from PC to mobile device and such outgoing
connections may be established by SonyEricsson Data Suite only.

Now we are looking for this problem's solution, but we cannot guarantee the
result. It seems, that cable connection for SonyEricsson phones won't be
supported in our software.

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, BORG!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.ericsson on Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:08:52
+0000 from address borg@deadspam.com:

>On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:41:57 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
><support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:

>>Note: our program supports only infrared and bluetooth connection. We
>>don't
>>support cable connection in OPMS.

>well when it does come back, why should ppl go buy more equipment to
>use your software when there is a very good sync station to be used ?
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 3:08:27 PM

1) Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones supports all three
SonyEricsson UIQ-based smartphones: SonyErcisson P800, SonyEricsson P900 and
SonyEricsson P910i

2) Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones supports phonebook
synchronization with Lotus Notes, Microsoft Excel, Windows Address Book and
phonebook export to plain-text, HTML, SYLK, RTF, DBF, XML and Data
Interchange Format (DIF), vCard (import and export).

3) Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones has advanced messages
management section, which allows to send SMS messages, read all types of
messages from your phone and save messages in one single archive, or in
separate files (so you could restore these messages to your phone using
direct file transfer over bluetooth or IR-port).

4) Our program enables to export your Calendar data not only to MS Outlook
format, but also to plain-text, HTML, SYLK, RTF, DBF, XML and Data
Interchange Format (DIF). Note: MS Outlook synchronization is supported in
both directions. The same feature is supported for To-Do list management.

5) Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones is good for quick data
transfer between SonyEricsson smartphones and other Symbian-based models.
You can view complete list of supported models on Oxygen Phone Manager II
for Symbian OS phones website: http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/

6) Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones supports .pb2 format for
your phonebook. PB2 is phonebook format for common Oxygen Phone Manager II
( http://www.opm-2.com/ ). I.e., you can easily transfer your P910i or P900
phonebook to non-Symbian Nokia phone.

We plan to add more improvements in next versions of our software. You can
monitor the development process from our official maillist:

http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/maillist/

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, Maxim M!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.ericsson on Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:55:55
+0100 from address "sebringBRISI"@net.hr:

>On 26 Nov 2004 15:39:43 GMT, Carl wrote:

>> BORG <borg@deadspam.com> wrote in

>>> well when it does come back, why should ppl go buy more equipment to
>>> use your software when there is a very good sync station to be used ?

>> Yeah, I'm getting sick and tired of Oxygen. There are about 10 spam
>> messages by them over the last two weeks.

>> Rule number one: Never buy from spammers.

>yeah... and what's the use of that Oxygen anyway?!?

>I mean, there's nothing more, that you can not do with it's org soft?!
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 5:15:01 PM

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:36:51 +0000, BORG <borg@deadspam.com> wrote:

>the SMS side of things is handy mind, you can't read send with the
>original software, its the fact that they expect you to go buy a Bt
>dongle or Ir dongle on top. The cradle is there already and works
>well, for some:) , so why not use that.

Usle Float's Mobile agent then... Thants FOC!!! Unlike Oxygen...
where's Dolphin boy when we need him????
!