p910i no sync

Anyone having problems getting their p910i regonised under win xp sp2? keeps
saying disconnected,had no problems before with p900,might be my own fault
as i had uninstalled p900 software before installing new p910 software,maybe
it would have upgraded the software for me?

ferg

remove nospam to reply

More about p910i sync

    ferg wrote:
    > Anyone having problems getting their p910i regonised under win xp sp2? keeps
    > saying disconnected,had no problems before with p900,might be my own fault
    > as i had uninstalled p900 software before installing new p910 software,maybe
    > it would have upgraded the software for me?
    >
    > ferg
    >
    > remove nospam to reply

    I have experienced the same problem. It is not that it is never recognized, but it
    sometimes has difficulties to recognize. Sometimes, if you say change phone on the
    connection link, it finds it; plug in plug out, etc, the usual stuffs one tries.

    I did not have a P900 before, so I cannot comment on the upgrade question. But before I
    upgraded to SP2, everything worked all right, so I presume it is a clash with SP2.
    Hopefully, SE will come out with a patch, eventually...

    Ivan

    Does this work with Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones (
    http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ )? Our program works both with SonyEricsson
    P900 and P910 as well, as with their predecessor SonyEricsson P800.

    Note: our program supports only infrared and bluetooth connection. We don't
    support cable connection in OPMS.

    Don't forget to deactivate SonyEricsson Data suite before running Oxygen
    Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones. You can download the latest trial
    version here: http://www.opm-2.com/download/symbianopm.zip

    PS: Please, read installation notes and instructions very carefully!

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Hello, ferg!
    You wrote in conference alt.cellular.ericsson on Fri, 26 Nov 2004
    11:45:00 -0000 from address submitsite99nospam@hotmail.com:

    >Anyone having problems getting their p910i regonised under win xp sp2?
    >keeps
    >saying disconnected,had no problems before with p900,might be my own
    >fault
    >as i had uninstalled p900 software before installing new p910
    >software,maybe
    >it would have upgraded the software for me?

    >ferg

    >remove nospam to reply

    >--

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:41:57 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
    <support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:

    >Note: our program supports only infrared and bluetooth connection. We don't
    >support cable connection in OPMS.

    well when it does come back, why should ppl go buy more equipment to
    use your software when there is a very good sync station to be used ?

    BORG <borg@deadspam.com> wrote in

    > On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:41:57 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
    > <support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Note: our program supports only infrared and bluetooth connection. We
    >>don't support cable connection in OPMS.
    >

    > well when it does come back, why should ppl go buy more equipment to
    > use your software when there is a very good sync station to be used ?

    Yeah, I'm getting sick and tired of Oxygen. There are about 10 spam
    messages by them over the last two weeks.

    Rule number one: Never buy from spammers.

    On 26 Nov 2004 15:39:43 GMT, Carl wrote:

    > BORG <borg@deadspam.com> wrote in
    >
    >> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:41:57 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
    >> <support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Note: our program supports only infrared and bluetooth connection. We
    >>>don't support cable connection in OPMS.
    >>

    >> well when it does come back, why should ppl go buy more equipment to
    >> use your software when there is a very good sync station to be used ?
    >>

    > Yeah, I'm getting sick and tired of Oxygen. There are about 10 spam
    > messages by them over the last two weeks.
    >
    > Rule number one: Never buy from spammers.

    yeah... and what's the use of that Oxygen anyway?!?

    I mean, there's nothing more, that you can not do with it's org soft?!

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:55:55 +0100, Maxim M <"sebringBRIŠI"@net.hr>
    wrote:

    >On 26 Nov 2004 15:39:43 GMT, Carl wrote:
    >
    >> BORG <borg@deadspam.com> wrote in

    >>> well when it does come back, why should ppl go buy more equipment to
    >>> use your software when there is a very good sync station to be used ?
    >>>

    >> Yeah, I'm getting sick and tired of Oxygen. There are about 10 spam
    >> messages by them over the last two weeks.
    >>
    >> Rule number one: Never buy from spammers.
    >
    >yeah... and what's the use of that Oxygen anyway?!?
    >
    >I mean, there's nothing more, that you can not do with it's org soft?!

    the SMS side of things is handy mind, you can't read send with the
    original software, its the fact that they expect you to go buy a Bt
    dongle or Ir dongle on top. The cradle is there already and works
    well, for some:), so why not use that.

    Being that 'm fighting that battle even as we speak, I've discovered that if
    the phone is locked (ie, Auto-Lock is On), the PC won't see the phone. I've
    had to disable the Autolock feature to resolve this...

    >>> ferg<submitsite99nospam@hotmail.com> 11/26/2004 5:45:00 AM >>>

    Anyone having problems getting their p910i regonised under win xp sp2? keeps
    saying disconnected,had no problems before with p900,might be my own fault
    as i had uninstalled p900 software before installing new p910 software,maybe
    it would have upgraded the software for me?

    Unfortunately, there are some standard limitations, that doesn't allow us to
    use sync. stand. Our software uses incoming connection from mobile device to
    PC and synchronization stand doesn't allow to establish such connection. It
    accepts only outgoing connections from PC to mobile device and such outgoing
    connections may be established by SonyEricsson Data Suite only.

    Now we are looking for this problem's solution, but we cannot guarantee the
    result. It seems, that cable connection for SonyEricsson phones won't be
    supported in our software.

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Hello, BORG!
    You wrote in conference alt.cellular.ericsson on Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:08:52
    +0000 from address borg@deadspam.com:

    >On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:41:57 +0300, "Oxygen Software"
    ><support@oxygensoftware.com> wrote:

    >>Note: our program supports only infrared and bluetooth connection. We
    >>don't
    >>support cable connection in OPMS.

    >well when it does come back, why should ppl go buy more equipment to
    >use your software when there is a very good sync station to be used ?

    1) Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones supports all three
    SonyEricsson UIQ-based smartphones: SonyErcisson P800, SonyEricsson P900 and
    SonyEricsson P910i

    2) Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones supports phonebook
    synchronization with Lotus Notes, Microsoft Excel, Windows Address Book and
    phonebook export to plain-text, HTML, SYLK, RTF, DBF, XML and Data
    Interchange Format (DIF), vCard (import and export).

    3) Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones has advanced messages
    management section, which allows to send SMS messages, read all types of
    messages from your phone and save messages in one single archive, or in
    separate files (so you could restore these messages to your phone using
    direct file transfer over bluetooth or IR-port).

    4) Our program enables to export your Calendar data not only to MS Outlook
    format, but also to plain-text, HTML, SYLK, RTF, DBF, XML and Data
    Interchange Format (DIF). Note: MS Outlook synchronization is supported in
    both directions. The same feature is supported for To-Do list management.

    5) Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones is good for quick data
    transfer between SonyEricsson smartphones and other Symbian-based models.
    You can view complete list of supported models on Oxygen Phone Manager II
    for Symbian OS phones website: http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/

    6) Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones supports .pb2 format for
    your phonebook. PB2 is phonebook format for common Oxygen Phone Manager II
    ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ). I.e., you can easily transfer your P910i or P900
    phonebook to non-Symbian Nokia phone.

    We plan to add more improvements in next versions of our software. You can
    monitor the development process from our official maillist:

    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/maillist/

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Hello, Maxim M!
    You wrote in conference alt.cellular.ericsson on Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:55:55
    +0100 from address "sebringBRISI"@net.hr:

    >On 26 Nov 2004 15:39:43 GMT, Carl wrote:

    >> BORG <borg@deadspam.com> wrote in

    >>> well when it does come back, why should ppl go buy more equipment to
    >>> use your software when there is a very good sync station to be used ?

    >> Yeah, I'm getting sick and tired of Oxygen. There are about 10 spam
    >> messages by them over the last two weeks.

    >> Rule number one: Never buy from spammers.

    >yeah... and what's the use of that Oxygen anyway?!?

    >I mean, there's nothing more, that you can not do with it's org soft?!
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.ericsson (More info?)

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 17:36:51 +0000, BORG <borg@deadspam.com> wrote:

    >the SMS side of things is handy mind, you can't read send with the
    >original software, its the fact that they expect you to go buy a Bt
    >dongle or Ir dongle on top. The cradle is there already and works
    >well, for some:), so why not use that.

    Usle Float's Mobile agent then... Thants FOC!!! Unlike Oxygen...
    where's Dolphin boy when we need him????

Ericsson Software Windows XP