Sign in with
Your question

"turn your LCD monitor into a TV" kind of thing

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
November 25, 2003 2:56:56 PM

anyone have experience with this? I thought I might get one in the future instead of a TV card just so I can get past windows and not worry about it crashing while im watching my favorite show.... TV cards cost almost the same so why not?
November 25, 2003 4:42:05 PM

Are you talking about just getting an MP monitor which has the coaxial connector on the monitor...or something else?

------------------------------------------
"It's a common conceit in games: play, die, reload, and ride the karmic wheel of kick-ass, until you get it right"
November 25, 2003 4:49:21 PM

no im talking about this device that connects to your monitor and can accept TV type connections...
Related resources
November 26, 2003 1:20:40 AM

Do you mean a TV tuner box? A peripheral which is independant from PC instead of a TV tuner card (AGP interface)which will be affected whenever your PC get problem. This is a good idea. I have seem a promotion from BenQ FP791 + Tuner box.

http://www.benq-eu.com/Products/LCD/index.cfm?product=2...
December 1, 2003 2:04:59 AM

I'm trying to choose between the Sceptre X7SV-Naga+ and Samsung SyncMaster 1701MP monitors since I need a LCD monitor with built in TV tuner but my main purpose will be for playing games. I think the Sceptre has a faster response time but the Samsung has better image quality. Which one would be a better overall choice? Also do they have connections for component/monster video cables (for playing PS2 in high definition mode)?
!