Using the MN-700 as an Access Point

Has anyone got the MN-700 to work as an access point?
Reading some of the previous articles it looks like this
does not work. I bought the device to just to enable the
wireless connections. I can't even get to the web page
192.168.2.1 but I can ping it. Seems to me like this is a
software problem. Any ideas would be welcome as I can't
really do anything till I get to the admin page and this
is driving me nuts.
3 answers Last reply
More about using access point

    I run the MN-700 as an access point (in my case it is cabled into a Dlink
    router and the MN-00 provides wireless access to two other machines).
    If you have already set it in that mode and cabled it into your network, the
    MN-700 will already have pulled an IP address from the DHCP on your network
    so it likely will no longer have the 192.168.2.1 address. You should be able
    to address it by the "machine name" you gave it (I left mine as the default
    MN-700, so I can admin it by pointing a browser at http://mn-700

    "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Has anyone got the MN-700 to work as an access point?
    > Reading some of the previous articles it looks like this
    > does not work. I bought the device to just to enable the
    > wireless connections. I can't even get to the web page
    > 192.168.2.1 but I can ping it. Seems to me like this is a
    > software problem. Any ideas would be welcome as I can't
    > really do anything till I get to the admin page and this
    > is driving me nuts.

    I don't get as far as modifying the name of the base
    station. The computer detects the base station but all
    fails when the settings are being applied to the base
    station. I get the message 'There was a problem
    configuring your base station'. I'm using an Origo ADSL
    router. I've disabled all firewalls and anti virus
    software.

    Finally got it sorted. Reset the access point and then
    double clicked on the workgroup icon in broadband
    networking and got in to the admin tool. Not very user-
    friendly I must say.

Routers Microsoft Wireless Connections Networking