Question about WD100JB noise

I have two HD's. One is WD 30gig drive and the other is a WD 100gig drive with 8mb cache. I noticed that the 8mb cache drive is alot noiser then my regular drive. Is this normal?

So ram I'm not having any problems and am really liking this drive. I was just wondering if the drive is louder then the WD 30 gig drive.

You have exceeded the limit use of your current pointing device, reboot NOW!
4 answers Last reply
More about question wd100jb noise
  1. Yes it will be noticeably louder in full operation, as long as its working alright make mental a note of its noises and listen for any drastic changes, otherwise don't worry about it. Your 100Gig should be a higher Rpm than the 30Gig so its going to make more noise.
  2. Actually both of them are 7,200rpm drives (I dont settle for less). I'm not as worried much now because its been just as noisy since I got it like a month and a half ago. My schools computers dont sound any better either heh.

3. If the 30 gig drive you're comparing it to is a WD300BB then yes, the 1000JB is louder, as is the 1200JB. The new 800JB however is virtually silent.
  4. Ah ok, thanx for clearing that up. I was getting worried my drive is commiting suicide =]

The 30 gig drive is WD300BBRTL (RTL I'm guessing stands for the Retail box =P)

Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Western Digital Cache Storage