  • Ericsson
  • USB
Last response: in Brands
November 29, 2004 4:14:37 PM

Hi all,

I purchased the USB cable to transfer images from my Z600 back to my
PC but just found out from SE that it can't be done. Supposedly you
need bluetooth or IR (both of which I don't have) to send images back
to the PC or it can be done through the cell network which costs $$$.

Any experts here who can help me with this issue? Could I do the
transfer with the USB but with different non-SE software? Any other
options?

Thanks in advance,
Chuck

More about : transfer phone

Anonymous
November 30, 2004 12:49:00 AM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <5f8f5fc2.0411291314.4ad2681e@posting.google.com> on 29 Nov 2004 13:14:37
-0800, charles1x@hotmail.com (Chuck) wrote:

>I purchased the USB cable to transfer images from my Z600 back to my
>PC but just found out from SE that it can't be done. Supposedly you
>need bluetooth or IR (both of which I don't have) to send images back
>to the PC or it can be done through the cell network which costs $$$.
>
>Any experts here who can help me with this issue? Could I do the
>transfer with the USB but with different non-SE software? Any other
>options?

http://fma.sourceforge.net/ (I don't know for sure if it will work over cable
or not, but I'm guessing it will.)

November 30, 2004 3:46:51 PM

John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message news:<gPMqd.8425$_3.100338@typhoon.sonic.net>...
> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <5f8f5fc2.0411291314.4ad2681e@posting.google.com> on 29 Nov 2004 13:14:37
> -0800, charles1x@hotmail.com (Chuck) wrote:
>
> >I purchased the USB cable to transfer images from my Z600 back to my
> >PC but just found out from SE that it can't be done. Supposedly you
> >need bluetooth or IR (both of which I don't have) to send images back
> >to the PC or it can be done through the cell network which costs $$$.
> >
> >Any experts here who can help me with this issue? Could I do the
> >transfer with the USB but with different non-SE software? Any other
> >options?
>
> http://fma.sourceforge.net/ (I don't know for sure if it will work over cable
> or not, but I'm guessing it will.)

FMA works just fine with my T610. There is a "tested device" page,
where you can check if it would work with your Z600. Sure hope it
will, fma is magic.

good luck

Marie
November 30, 2004 6:30:36 PM

Thanks John and Marie. :)

I'll give the software a shot. It will probably be Thursday before I
try it as I'm super busy with work now.

I'll post the results here if you are interested.

Thanks again,
-C.
Posted from: http://www.phoneobsessed.com
Anonymous
December 1, 2004 1:19:35 AM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <65f4108d.0411301246.3e85a6a9@posting.google.com> on 30 Nov 2004 12:46:51
-0800, marie.deckers@proximus.be (Marie) wrote:

>John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message news:<gPMqd.8425$_3.100338@typhoon.sonic.net>...
>> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>>
>> In <5f8f5fc2.0411291314.4ad2681e@posting.google.com> on 29 Nov 2004 13:14:37
>> -0800, charles1x@hotmail.com (Chuck) wrote:
>>
>> >I purchased the USB cable to transfer images from my Z600 back to my
>> >PC but just found out from SE that it can't be done. Supposedly you
>> >need bluetooth or IR (both of which I don't have) to send images back
>> >to the PC or it can be done through the cell network which costs $$$.
>> >
>> >Any experts here who can help me with this issue? Could I do the
>> >transfer with the USB but with different non-SE software? Any other
>> >options?
>>
>> http://fma.sourceforge.net/ (I don't know for sure if it will work over cable
>> or not, but I'm guessing it will.)
>
>FMA works just fine with my T610. There is a "tested device" page,
>where you can check if it would work with your Z600. Sure hope it
>will, fma is magic.

The question is over cable (rather than IrDA or Bluetooth), not the particular
phone -- FMA does work with the Z600. As for being "magic," FMA is very good,
but also has limitations and annoying quirks, so I think that's a bit of an
overstatement. ;-)

December 2, 2004 8:22:39 PM

Thanks again John.

Here is the update:

I've got FMA working with my Z600 and a USB cable. It seems pretty
good for moving pics around and viewing some data from my phone.

You seem like a knowledgeable person so maybe you can help me with my
next question:

What software program do I need to add and
remove the games on my phone? I think I'd like to remove most of the
games from the phone but instead of deleting them I want to save them
on my PC.

Thanks in advance if you or anybody else can help me.

Chuck

(FYI: I'll be posting this same game question in another message since
my original question was answered by different people in different
threads.)
Posted from: http://www.phoneobsessed.com
December 3, 2004 11:06:43 AM

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 17:22:39 -0600,
charles1x@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (wc1x) wrote:

>What software program do I need to add and
>remove the games on my phone? I think I'd like to remove most of the
>games from the phone but instead of deleting them I want to save them
>on my PC.

You can't move the games FROM your phome. Sounds, pictures and themes
you can.

For moving files TO the phone I use windows normal drag n drop
function with an infra red connection. No special program needed, in
my case.

--
====================================== phone pages
http://borgus.net ---- http://osbymikro.tk

John Navas wrote:
<Snipped>
> The question is over cable (rather than IrDA or Bluetooth), not the
> particular phone -- FMA does work with the Z600. As for being
> "magic," FMA is very good, but also has limitations and annoying
> quirks, so I think that's a bit of an overstatement. ;-)

Damn, was hoping for a definitive answer - I may get round to finding out by
trying it over cable with my K700i (dongle broken). The last time I used
FMA, I did find it a bit quirky with a T610 but very worthwhile nonetheless.
I must replace my dongle sometime 'cos the serial connection is unbelievably
slow with the SE s/w.

Regards