  • Phones
  • Software
Last response: in Brands
November 30, 2004 4:09:14 AM

Sister just purchased the P800 and was wondering if there are any
websites with software for this phone?

Do the programs have to be P800 specific?

She also was wondering if there is any software that would allow her
to program changes on the PC and then transfer those changes to the
phone?She has trouble with her fingers and it is hard to do the
changes on the phone itself.

Any other info and suggestions would be appreciated.

I've checked the Ericsson website already.

TIA

More about : p800 newbie questions

Anonymous
November 30, 2004 11:56:24 AM

Sure!

We can suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS
phones ( http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ). Our program enables to manage
SonyEricsson UIQ/Symbian based smartphones via infrared or bluetooth ( USB
cable not supported due to license limitations ).

Using our software you can read, modify, store, delete unwanted entries and
load back to the phone in phonebook, calendar and To-Do list section. Also,
you can synchronize your phonebook, calendar and To-Do list with Microsoft
Outlook. Also we support Lotus Notes synchronization for phonebook and
export to MS Excel, MS Word (RTF), HTML, XML, SYLK, DBF and Data Interchange
Format (DIF) for phonebook, calendar and To-Do list.

Using our software you can send SMS messages from PC via phone, read all
types of messages from the phone and store them locally on PC in single
archive or separate files, that can be loaded to another phone.

Our software has convenient interface and you can personalize your phone
with images and polyphonic tones in corresponding program sections as well,
as choose your profile for the phone.

You can download the latest free trial version here:
http://www.opm-2.com/download/symbianopm.zip Trial provides some basic
functionality and is absolutely free of charge.

http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
support@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
http://www.smsactivex.com/

Hello, mistersmitty!
You wrote in conference alt.cellular.ericsson on Tue, 30 Nov 2004 01:09:14
GMT from address mistersmitty@hotmail.com:

>Sister just purchased the P800 and was wondering if there are any
>websites with software for this phone?

>Do the programs have to be P800 specific?

>She also was wondering if there is any software that would allow her
>to program changes on the PC and then transfer those changes to the
>phone?She has trouble with her fingers and it is hard to do the
>changes on the phone itself.

>Any other info and suggestions would be appreciated.

>I've checked the Ericsson website already.

>TIA
Anonymous
November 30, 2004 1:22:12 PM

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 01:09:14 GMT, mistersmitty wrote:

> Sister just purchased the P800 and was wondering if there are any
> websites with software for this phone?
>
> Do the programs have to be P800 specific?
>
> She also was wondering if there is any software that would allow her
> to program changes on the PC and then transfer those changes to the
> phone?She has trouble with her fingers and it is hard to do the
> changes on the phone itself.
>
> Any other info and suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> I've checked the Ericsson website already.
>
> TIA

OK, here are some useful links:

http://sexposta.csucs.hu/feketebarany/index_abc.html

http://www.forsep800.narod.ru/apps.html

http://www.p800stuff.com/modules.php?name=Downloads
Anonymous
December 6, 2004 2:14:17 AM

What OS does the V800 use? The same? In which case PMII can be used
for this too? (Just thinking ahead for when I get the phone within a
month.)

!