Add XP free cell to win 7

Solution
Free cell comes standard with Windows 7 games. Unless you own Windows 7 professional in which you have to reinstall it through "add and remove programs"
Hello,

Do you want the XP version of free cell, or is it that you just want freecell installed in windows 7?

To addd freecell to windows 7:

Click on Start

In the search programs space type in "Turn windows features on or off"

Now in the menu - find "Games" expand it and now select "Freecell" (make sure the box is ticked).

Done now you should see freecell when you click start -> all programs -> games

One more thing....

"Solitaire and Freecell are unusable on Windows 7 unless you have a card capable of running Aero.

If you want the XP version to run on Windows 7, then what you need to do is to copy the "Freecell.exe" and "Cards.dll" files from the C:\Windows\System32 folder on your XP system to some other folder on your Windows 7 system. Put both files in the same folder, but don't put them into the System32 folder 'cause they'll wipe out the Windows 7 version of the program.

To run the program, just double-click the "Freecell.exe" file. You can create a shortcut to the file on your desktop or pin the program to the taskbar or start menu. "

- By sminlal as per :

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/1577-63-free-cell

Dryduck

Honorable
Sep 5, 2012

I believe your answer was darn close to brillian compared to the dozens of folks who tried to come up with complex methods for bringing the XP versions forward (which I did okay). Then I saw yours and not only did I get better versions of the same games, but I lears a bit about Windows 7. thanks.

Dryduck from Albuquerque