Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
Hey guys, got a question, just to get some opinions.

I'm getting parts in a couple days for a new PC for myself. I'm either going to get one 20GB 7.2k RPM Maxtor/WD/Seagate and get another one in a week or so (next paycheck), or just get a single 40GB 7.2k RPM Maxtor/WD/Seagate. If I get the two 20GB drives, i'm going to ignore RAID, and slave one to the other, essentially splitting the space for games/system and my files sorta thing. Otherwise, i'll just use my old PCI RAID card if anyone thinks its worth using RAID 1/0.

Motherboard i'm getting is an Epox EP-8KHA+, please don't flame my decision to get that motherboard.

"When there's a will, there's a way."

orbz

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2001
I would also get one 40GB+ drive too if you are not gonna use raid and one drive is cheaper then 2 drives added to the same size. If you gonna use raid then of course get 2 drives.

:eek: :frown: :mad: :eek: :redface: :cool: :lol: :tongue: :wink: - What do you want to feel today? :)

The one advantage to two drives would be the added security of backups across both.

Otherwise go for the single setup.

<b><font color=blue>~ What do you mean "It isn't working!"...Now where's my sonic screwdriver? ~ </font color=blue></b>