Solved

Internet doesnt work

hello sir,

The laptop i am using is Hp Pavilion dm4-1160us. I used recovery manager because my system was very slow. after that my system became fast. But i am not able to connect to the internet. I'm not able to access the internet . i use cable to connect to the internet. the cable is working properly. a red cross is visible on the internet connectivity. plzzzzzz anyone help me plzzzzzzz

operating system-WINDOWS7

product name-HP PAVILION dm4-1160us
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about internet doesnt work
  1. Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

When you used 'Recovery Manager' the computer was reset to an earlier date prior to the wireless connection.

Go to Control Panel, Network & Sharing Center, and setup a New Connection. After that, restart the computer and connect to your network using your authentication (password).
  2. hi,
    thank you for the fast reply,i tried it. but it didnt work..... can u display the screen shots of that, so that i can try it once again...
    plzzz dont mind.......... the operating system is windows 7 32bit
  3. the laptop i am using is hp pavilion dm4 the internet is not connecting in the windows but it is coming in the hp quick web any solution plzzz
  4. Open "Control Panel" - then select "Network and Sharing Center" - then select "Setup a new connection or network" - then select "Connect to the internet"

Then go back to the previous screen "Network and sharing center" and select "Connect to a network" - then a list of available networks will be displayed. Connect to your network (or wireless router) using your WPA2 pass-phrase (authentication).

Good luck!
  5. Best answer
    go to http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html and write in the search window you pc model choose your operation system and redownload your network driver..... that's all
Ask a new question

Read More

LAN Internet HP Pavilion Networking