Game Theatre XP/Klipsch Pro Media 5.1

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
I just hooked up my Game Theatre XP and was running the sound rotation test. When it got to the center speaker and subwoofer nothing was heard.

On the back of the subwoofer it has 3 outputs. One which reads "front r/l", another "rear r/l" and the last "sub center". When I play music I can hear the subwoofer even if I disconnect it from the input on the control box. My first question is how do I get the center channel to work? Second, where do I stick the wire that comes from the sub center output on the subwoofer? The manuals that came with these things are basically useless.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Thou shalt select 5.1 or 6.1 sound output in the GTXP systray utility.

Music and some games don't support 5.1 and will just output left and right and the sub runs off the two of those if that makes any sense. Basically the way 4.1 works. Thats the way i understand it at least from what little i've done of playing around with that setup at compusa. Don't have a 5.1 at home. Try and see if DVD's play sound correctly. Be sure to set the sound settings in your dvd player correctly though. If you have Diablo 2, try it with 5.1, i know it supports it, it uses the center channel for voices.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Thanks, Bill. I do have it set at 5.1 when I run the surround test. Sadly, I have yet to own a movie DVD. However I do have Diablo Dos. I will try it.

igottaknife

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
there is a post in hercules forums explaining how to hook it up using RCA cable. I"m not to sure on the details, but you should go to thier forun and check it out.

Leave a real <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq" target="_new">link</A>

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
The center/sub cable is a single cable. On the breakout box it is split into 2 RCA inputs. I just had to find the little wire that splits into 2 RCA male ends from my old AWE 64 Gold to hook it up. Woo hoo! 5.1! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah.