Clarentavious

Distinguished
May 24, 2002
Nero offers the most features/capabilites basically. Alot of people like it and think it is rather professional style writing software.

I had to get their InCD update (UDF packet writing, basically lets you use an RW disc like a floppy) version 3280 for it to work right with my 266A, 32x12x48 CyberDrive, and 10x CD-RWs (with VIA's drivers that allow for ATA-100 support anyway, IDE filter).

I like their regular writing SW version 5.5 (there are multiple versions of 5.5 I think).

They are pretty much well rounded in the business. Alot of burner companies bundle Nero software with their drives. They also were the first to get it to work right with some of the new buffer under-run protection devices in the 24x and up writers (something Adaptec failed to do, at least until long after Nero did).

However, I like NTI's interfaces alot better. They have better windows, help notes, they show you the actual amount of data as it is being written (like 2.4MB, next second 4.7MB, etc....) Nero is done by percentage of disc completed (like 76%, etc....). Things like that. And also allow for pretty much all the sames thing that Nero does. I just like it's useage better even though I am currently using Nero.

www.nticdmaker.com

www.nero.com