Bluetooth Installation on PC

Not strictly on topic, but has anyone any advice on installing the
Widcomm bluetooth drivers on a PC? I have had several attempts but
always end up with a message

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.
The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

I'm assuming that there is something stopping the proper installation
but I can't figure out what.

Any help gratefully received

Chris

PS It's XP Home SP1
3 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth installation

    [POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

    In <31td1dF3b1vhhU1@individual.net> on Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:44:15 +0000, Chris
    Gadsby <chris_gadsby@xntlworld.com> wrote:

    >Not strictly on topic, but has anyone any advice on installing the
    >Widcomm bluetooth drivers on a PC? I have had several attempts but
    >always end up with a message
    >
    >"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.
    >The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"
    >
    >I'm assuming that there is something stopping the proper installation
    >but I can't figure out what.
    >
    >Any help gratefully received
    >
    >Chris
    >
    >PS It's XP Home SP1

    I suggest you use the Bluetooth stack in SP2 (which is worth installing in any
    event); otherwise: <http://www.jonsguides.com/bluetooth/>

    I might have to try it again, but installing SP2 trashed my graphics so
    I backed it out. I'm wondering if this is the problem - it didn't back
    out SP2 properly?

    Chris

    John Navas wrote:

    >[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
    >
    >In <31td1dF3b1vhhU1@individual.net> on Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:44:15 +0000, Chris
    >Gadsby <chris_gadsby@xntlworld.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Not strictly on topic, but has anyone any advice on installing the
    >>Widcomm bluetooth drivers on a PC? I have had several attempts but
    >>always end up with a message
    >>
    >>"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.
    >>The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"
    >>
    >>I'm assuming that there is something stopping the proper installation
    >>but I can't figure out what.
    >>
    >>Any help gratefully received
    >>
    >>Chris
    >>
    >>PS It's XP Home SP1
    >>

    >I suggest you use the Bluetooth stack in SP2 (which is worth installing in any
    >event); otherwise: <http://www.jonsguides.com/bluetooth/>

    I found and used the solution on this website successfully
    http://www.willwheaton.blogspot.com/

Ericsson Bluetooth