Bluetooth Installation on PC

Last response: in Brands
December 10, 2004 1:44:15 PM

Not strictly on topic, but has anyone any advice on installing the
Widcomm bluetooth drivers on a PC? I have had several attempts but
always end up with a message

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.
The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

I'm assuming that there is something stopping the proper installation
but I can't figure out what.

Any help gratefully received

Chris

PS It's XP Home SP1

More about : bluetooth installation

Anonymous
December 10, 2004 5:47:05 PM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <31td1dF3b1vhhU1@individual.net> on Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:44:15 +0000, Chris
Gadsby <chris_gadsby@xntlworld.com> wrote:

>Not strictly on topic, but has anyone any advice on installing the
>Widcomm bluetooth drivers on a PC? I have had several attempts but
>always end up with a message
>
>"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware.
>The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"
>
>I'm assuming that there is something stopping the proper installation
>but I can't figure out what.
>
>Any help gratefully received
>
>Chris
>
>PS It's XP Home SP1

I suggest you use the Bluetooth stack in SP2 (which is worth installing in any
event); otherwise: <http://www.jonsguides.com/bluetooth/&gt;

December 11, 2004 3:57:20 AM

I might have to try it again, but installing SP2 trashed my graphics so
I backed it out. I'm wondering if this is the problem - it didn't back
out SP2 properly?

Chris

!