I just built my new computer the other day
New Build:
i5 3570k
Asus z77 lk lga
750w semi-modular corsair psu
dual ripjaws x 1600 mhz blue edition

Old Build:
Hp Pavilion a1730n /w Dynex Gigabit PCI Adapter 10/100/1000 mbps

My new build appears to be loading internet pages much slower than my old computer, i seem to have to wait much longer watching the windows circle in the corner, i just updated my "Realtek Ethernet" somthing from my mobos webpage, and its exactly the same.

Should i put my fairly old Gigabit 10/100/1000 mbps pci adapter ethernet into my new computer?

Daethz

Honorable
May 26, 2012
Additional Info:
Modem Connected to Router, Computer Connected to router with Ethernet cord.
my old computer was vista 32bit my new one is Windows 7 64 bit

It’s unlikely to be a hardware issue. The fact you moved to a completely different OS makes it difficult to compare. For all we know, you're using a different version of the browser, and perhaps have more preinstalled add-ons? Or maybe you had an anti-malware/anti-virus program on the old machine that blocked ads, but the new machine doesn't, and so you're waiting for those ads to load (not an uncommon problem). Another possibility is your browser is configured to search for a local proxy by default. Since you probably don't have a proxy, you're waiting needlessly for that search to end, and only then does the browser continue as normal.

Because you've made a wholesale change in OS, you're dealing w/ a completely new environment and things have inevitably changed. And perhaps changed in ways that are very subtle. Perhaps optimizations you had previously established need to be reestablished.

One thing I would do is just verify that your internet connection is functioning properly w/ Speedtest.net and that you’re obtaining expected download/upload speeds.