K700i problem - name/numbers

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
December 11, 2004 8:10:11 PM

Hi all,

I've just got a K700i on Orange recently but am having a problem.
When sms texts or even calls arrive or I check my inbox or when I look at missed
calls etc 99% of them show only the phone number and dont resolve it to the
person's name from my phonebook. I've looked all over for a setting to change
but so far haven't found one.
Is this a known problem or am I doing something weird ?

Thanks in advance

More about : k700i problem numbers

Anonymous
December 12, 2004 2:42:10 PM

Tangoman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just got a K700i on Orange recently but am having a problem.
> When sms texts or even calls arrive or I check my inbox or when I
> look at missed calls etc 99% of them show only the phone number and
> dont resolve it to the person's name from my phonebook. I've looked
> all over for a setting to change but so far haven't found one.
> Is this a known problem or am I doing something weird ?
>
> Thanks in advance

I don't see this problem with mine (on Voda branding). My phonebook is set
to show the phone's, not the SIM card's entries. Both incoming SMSs & calls
show the name with an icon for phone type. Any associated picture is also
shown for either. All my numbers start with +nn & they still get parsed.
This maybe due to branding but I've not heard of this complaint before. Like
many issues with phones, they can depend on the firmware version or
branding. However, I do find the call logs are a bit buggy - withheld
numbers don't always show, the last call not at the top of the list etc.

Regards
Anonymous
December 12, 2004 5:17:50 PM

On 11 Dec 2004 17:10:11 -0800, Tangoman <Tangoman@nospam.newsguy.com>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I've just got a K700i on Orange recently but am having a problem.
>When sms texts or even calls arrive or I check my inbox or when I look at missed
>calls etc 99% of them show only the phone number and dont resolve it to the
>person's name from my phonebook. I've looked all over for a setting to change
>but so far haven't found one.
>Is this a known problem or am I doing something weird ?
>
>Thanks in advance

Had a simiar problem on my wife's nokia 7610

Ask Orange for a sim update to make sure all your settings are
correct. This cured it for us.
__

Tym

All this technology and it still takes forever to get anywhere.
Anonymous
December 14, 2004 1:16:41 PM

> Hi all,
>
> I've just got a K700i on Orange recently but am having a problem.
> When sms texts or even calls arrive or I check my inbox or when I look
> at missed
> calls etc 99% of them show only the phone number and dont resolve it to
> the
> person's name from my phonebook.

Hi Tangoman,

have you maybe the same contact in both SIM and Phone memory?
on Px00 series, and only with certains sim, this could be a problem.
I don't know if this is your case,
but I have solved by completely erasing all contacts from SIM,
and keeping only the phone memory.

ciao
idef
!