K700i problem - name/numbers

Hi all,

I've just got a K700i on Orange recently but am having a problem.
When sms texts or even calls arrive or I check my inbox or when I look at missed
calls etc 99% of them show only the phone number and dont resolve it to the
person's name from my phonebook. I've looked all over for a setting to change
but so far haven't found one.
Is this a known problem or am I doing something weird ?

Thanks in advance
More about k700i problem name numbers

    Tangoman wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've just got a K700i on Orange recently but am having a problem.
    > When sms texts or even calls arrive or I check my inbox or when I
    > look at missed calls etc 99% of them show only the phone number and
    > dont resolve it to the person's name from my phonebook. I've looked
    > all over for a setting to change but so far haven't found one.
    > Is this a known problem or am I doing something weird ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    I don't see this problem with mine (on Voda branding). My phonebook is set
    to show the phone's, not the SIM card's entries. Both incoming SMSs & calls
    show the name with an icon for phone type. Any associated picture is also
    shown for either. All my numbers start with +nn & they still get parsed.
    This maybe due to branding but I've not heard of this complaint before. Like
    many issues with phones, they can depend on the firmware version or
    branding. However, I do find the call logs are a bit buggy - withheld
    numbers don't always show, the last call not at the top of the list etc.

    Regards

    On 11 Dec 2004 17:10:11 -0800, Tangoman <Tangoman@nospam.newsguy.com>
    wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I've just got a K700i on Orange recently but am having a problem.
    >When sms texts or even calls arrive or I check my inbox or when I look at missed
    >calls etc 99% of them show only the phone number and dont resolve it to the
    >person's name from my phonebook. I've looked all over for a setting to change
    >but so far haven't found one.
    >Is this a known problem or am I doing something weird ?
    >
    >Thanks in advance

    Had a simiar problem on my wife's nokia 7610

    Ask Orange for a sim update to make sure all your settings are
    correct. This cured it for us.
    __

    Tym

    All this technology and it still takes forever to get anywhere.

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I've just got a K700i on Orange recently but am having a problem.
    > When sms texts or even calls arrive or I check my inbox or when I look
    > at missed
    > calls etc 99% of them show only the phone number and dont resolve it to
    > the
    > person's name from my phonebook.

    Hi Tangoman,

    have you maybe the same contact in both SIM and Phone memory?
    on Px00 series, and only with certains sim, this could be a problem.
    I don't know if this is your case,
    but I have solved by completely erasing all contacts from SIM,
    and keeping only the phone memory.

    ciao
    idef

Ericsson