Behringer MX1602 Mixer - Power Supply

Last response: in Home Audio
a b ) Power supply
July 1, 2005 11:26:52 AM

Can anyone give me the details of the power supply unit for a Behringer
Eurorack MX1602 mixer.

I need to get a new one, or do some mods to accommodate a different
one, but the manual doesn't give me anything regarding the power
requirements.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Iain
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
July 1, 2005 3:40:38 PM

"highrover" <claveyi@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> Can anyone give me the details of the power supply unit
for a
> Behringer Eurorack MX1602 mixer.
>
> I need to get a new one, or do some mods to accommodate a
> different one, but the manual doesn't give me anything
> regarding the power requirements.

These guys have worked well for me:

http://www.dbmproaudio.com/behrparts.html
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
July 1, 2005 9:15:32 PM

On 1 Jul 2005 07:26:52 -0700, "highrover" <claveyi@btinternet.com> wrote:

>I need to get a new one, or do some mods to accommodate a different
>one, but the manual doesn't give me anything regarding the power
>requirements.

Behringer power supplies are available as spares - at decent prices - from
all of their retailers.
a b ) Power supply
July 1, 2005 10:08:06 PM

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 11:40:38 -0400, "Arny Krueger" <arnyk@hotpop.com> wrote:

>These guys have worked well for me

Sure, bit they are on the wrong side of the pond: the poster resides in the
UK, judging from his btinternet email address.
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
July 1, 2005 10:55:59 PM

"François Yves Le Gal" <flegal@aingeal.com> wrote in message

> On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 11:40:38 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
> <arnyk@hotpop.com> wrote:
>
>> These guys have worked well for me
>
> Sure, but they are on the wrong side of the pond: the
poster
> resides in the UK, judging from his btinternet email
address.

My bad.
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
July 2, 2005 1:15:20 PM

Guys,

That's great, Thanks.

I should be able to cobble something together from that (fingers
crossed!)

And yes, UK here.

TYhanks again guys

Iain
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
July 2, 2005 5:31:49 PM

"highrover" <claveyi@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone give me the details of the power supply unit for a Behringer
> Eurorack MX1602 mixer.
>
> I need to get a new one, or do some mods to accommodate a different
> one, but the manual doesn't give me anything regarding the power
> requirements.

According to one store, the Behringer part number for the power supply is
218916, which is the power supply for the MX802, DX100, MX1602, and DX500.

The manual for the DX500 is still available at the Behringer site, and says
it supplys 2x18.5volts at 500 milliamps. That may be a split-rail power
supply. (+-18.5V)

Tim
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
July 4, 2005 4:36:56 PM

"Tim Martin" <tim2718281@ntlworld.com> writes:

> "highrover" <claveyi@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone give me the details of the power supply unit for a Behringer
> > Eurorack MX1602 mixer.
> >
> > I need to get a new one, or do some mods to accommodate a different
> > one, but the manual doesn't give me anything regarding the power
> > requirements.
>
> According to one store, the Behringer part number for the power supply is
> 218916, which is the power supply for the MX802, DX100, MX1602, and DX500.
>
> The manual for the DX500 is still available at the Behringer site, and says
> it supplys 2x18.5volts at 500 milliamps. That may be a split-rail power
> supply. (+-18.5V)

Could be AC power supply if I remember right from MX802 and similar
small Behringer mixers... If i remeber right the outptu from power
supply was AC.. It is rectified inside the mixer..
The reason to feed AC in could be easier generation of 48V
"phantom power" voltage (AC can easily fed to diode/capacitoer
voltage multiplier circuit).

--
Tomi Engdahl (http://www.iki.fi/then/)
http://www.epanorama.net/

"Tim Martin" <tim2718281@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> "highrover" <claveyi@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone give me the details of the power supply unit for a Behringer
> > Eurorack MX1602 mixer.
> >
> > I need to get a new one, or do some mods to accommodate a different
> > one, but the manual doesn't give me anything regarding the power
> > requirements.
>
> According to one store, the Behringer part number for the power supply is
> 218916, which is the power supply for the MX802, DX100, MX1602, and DX500.
>
> The manual for the DX500 is still available at the Behringer site, and
says
> it supplys 2x18.5volts at 500 milliamps. That may be a split-rail power
> supply. (+-18.5V)
>
> Tim

Yeah, mine (UK version) is marked as MXEU2 (2x18.5vAC at 500ma)
June 7, 2009 5:14:57 PM

hi, ive just read your ad regarding your behringer mixer. I have the same mixer but unfortunately ive never been able to get the manual for it. Do you have any suggestions please?

Thanx

Roger
June 7, 2012 5:08:09 PM

Berhringer will not give out schematics.
Try posting a schematic request in this forum:
music electronics Forum
There are lots of techs there, and maybe one will post you a schematic.
However if the power supply failed, there may be a bad part in the mixer that CAUSED it to fail. Replacing the power supply--it may fail AGAIN.
October 21, 2012 10:02:02 PM

hi i also need this power supply unit i have lost my mine. I am also from the uk aswell so any help as to where to get a new one would be very helpful. Would i be able to use the Mxul3 (Mxeu3 in the uk) as it has the same specs? but im not sure if it is the same three prong connection as the mxul2 (mxeu2 in the uk).
thanks
!