problems with all in wonder radeon 7500 - drivers?

gredhead

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2002
I have an ECS K7S5A motherboard, 1 GHz Duron, 64Mb RAM to begin, now 160 Mb, Win2K pro, ATI Radeon 7500 All in Wonder. Loaded drivers and software from CDs that came with 7500 AIW, had BSODs and some other problems. Added RAM and installed latest AGP driver for motherboard, latest drivers and software from ATI. Everything working pretty good, except no audio on one TV channel. Sent problem report to ATI and called tech support. They said uninstall all ATI drivers and software, and reinstall new drivers and software from scratch. Did so, but after installing video card drivers, the display will not sync properly horizontally. Going to safe mode, VGA enabled safe mode, the display could be read, but not normal boot. Formatted hard disk and did clean install of win2K, direct x 8.1 and applications. Tried installing new ATI drivers and software, and had same problem, if tried to raise resolution from 640x480 to 800x600. Started with another clean install and added ATI drivers and software from CDs to start, and had same problem with no horiz sync - yet this should be the same as original installation!!!!!!, which worked fine except for the audio problem on one channel. Someone please help.

gredhead

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2002
Mystery Solved! I tried the original software, I went back and restored a disk image of the original software that worked, and had the sync problem. I found some references in a forum that there were some flaky things with this motherboard with two sticks ofsdram in (although I think their bios was earlier than mine). So, I thought maybe my
older monitor just got screwy with weird timing, and borrowed a projector to try. It had an image, but with a bar I couldn't adjust out, even setting the computer to the
native resolution of the projector - 1024 x 768. So I called InFocus tech support and the guy led me right to the problem - display/advanced/displays, tv was set to primary and enabled, along with monitor. Setting tv to secondary solved the problem. There is no info on those screens or settings in the manuals that came with the card, although with a lot of searching in help I found some info on the four unlabeled buttons. The infocus guy knew where the buttons were and that the top left bullseye was primary and the top left with two displays was secondary.

Wow - ATI could add some info on this to manuals and surely to the troublehooting info on their web pages!!!