Sign in with
Your question

I am having problems in my windows7 while playing games which are for windows xp

Last response: in Windows 7
April 13, 2012 1:00:30 PM

i am having problems in my windows7 while playing games which are for windows xp or vista only
a b $ Windows 7
April 13, 2012 2:19:47 PM

That interesting, I didn't have any problem with my windows7 while playing games which are for windows xp.
m
l
Related resources
April 13, 2012 2:29:51 PM

surf excel matic said:
i am having problems in my windows7 while playing games which are for windows xp or vista only

What games are you playing?

What problems are you having?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 13, 2012 2:41:59 PM

You have to be really careful what you load in Win7.

Check the compatability lists and believe them. I loaded a XP game anyway and crashed the OS. Had to reinstall. All because of a DLL file that was not Win7 happy. Even in compatability mode.

Wish I could remember which one it was...
m
l
April 13, 2012 2:45:30 PM

try vm ware workstation, install windows xp to this and run u r old applications
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 13, 2012 2:46:39 PM

I have never had any issues with older games (well... I can't run my old Dos-win98 based games) in win7. Everything from win2K on should play fairly well under windows 7. It is much more likely that you are having a driver issue than a win7 issue.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
April 13, 2012 3:04:47 PM

Running VMware or Windows XP mode will allow you to run business apps but games will run like crap as you are basically running a virtual machine inside your Windows 7 machine.

Try right-clicking the game icon on your desktop and look at the Compatibility tab
m
l
April 13, 2012 3:13:32 PM

What kind of game are you playing??

The game maker company don't have any patch?

Because of "Old game not running" too wide range.

I don't have any problems with running old games.

You must give us better info then just "old game"...

Please provide more info~
m
l
!