I am having problems in my windows7 while playing games which are for windows xp

i am having problems in my windows7 while playing games which are for windows xp or vista only
8 answers Last reply
More about problems windows7 playing games windows
  1. That interesting, I didn't have any problem with my windows7 while playing games which are for windows xp.
  2. surf excel matic said:
    i am having problems in my windows7 while playing games which are for windows xp or vista only

What games are you playing?

What problems are you having?
  3. You have to be really careful what you load in Win7.

Check the compatability lists and believe them. I loaded a XP game anyway and crashed the OS. Had to reinstall. All because of a DLL file that was not Win7 happy. Even in compatability mode.

Wish I could remember which one it was...
  4. try vm ware workstation, install windows xp to this and run u r old applications
  5. I have never had any issues with older games (well... I can't run my old Dos-win98 based games) in win7. Everything from win2K on should play fairly well under windows 7. It is much more likely that you are having a driver issue than a win7 issue.
  6. Running VMware or Windows XP mode will allow you to run business apps but games will run like crap as you are basically running a virtual machine inside your Windows 7 machine.

Try right-clicking the game icon on your desktop and look at the Compatibility tab
  7. What kind of game are you playing??

The game maker company don't have any patch?

Because of "Old game not running" too wide range.

I don't have any problems with running old games.

You must give us better info then just "old game"...

Please provide more info~
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Games Windows Vista Windows XP