backup problems

P910+Windows XP SP2.

Suddenly my backup does not work; I try to backup, the software tries to connect, restarts
the phone and than hangs for a long time and eventually gives up saying no connection
could be made. Interestingly, the 'My P910i' works, I can 'see' the phone files from other
programs, only the backup breaks down. I have downloaded and upgraded to the latest PC
software from the SE site, and then rebooted the PC, no avail...

Anybody had similar problem and knows some solution?

Ivan
1 answer Last reply
More about backup problems

    "Ivan Herman" <ivan@ivan-herman.net> wrote in message
    > P910+Windows XP SP2.
    >
    > Suddenly my backup does not work; I try to backup, the software tries to
    > connect, restarts the phone and than hangs for a long time and eventually
    > gives up saying no connection could be made. Interestingly, the 'My P910i'
    > works, I can 'see' the phone files from other programs, only the backup
    > breaks down. I have downloaded and upgraded to the latest PC software from
    > the SE site, and then rebooted the PC, no avail...
    >
    > Anybody had similar problem and knows some solution?
    >
    > Ivan

    Sorry to hear about your problems with this. As a fellow P910 user, I can
    sympathise. Perhaps I should be grateful that I can backup/sync at all,
    even if all my tasks duplicate and drift between categories, my e-mail turns
    to garbage, and my screen has flickering horizontal lines all over it. I'm
    rapidly coming to the conclusion that despite the late launch of this
    handset, it still has a swarm of unfixed problems. If it wasn't so
    frustrating it would be faintly amusing; I'm already nostalgic for my old
    P800! I'm getting a replacement P910i tomorrow, but if (as expected) there
    is no improvement, the time will have come for me to put SE and this
    newsgroup behind me. I will miss you all! :-(

Ericsson Phones Connection Backup Software