update 910 problems

anyone else having problems updating their 910 with the SE update service?

More about update problems

    "cricket" <cricket@cwcom.net> wrote in message
    > anyone else having problems updating their 910 with the SE update service?

    Yep - apparently Vodafone won't let me do it! Is there a way of getting
    round your provider blocking this?

    Alan

    On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:31:55 -0000, Fitness Fiend wrote:

    > "cricket" <cricket@cwcom.net> wrote in message
    >> anyone else having problems updating their 910 with the SE update service?

    > Yep - apparently Vodafone won't let me do it! Is there a way of getting
    > round your provider blocking this?
    >
    > Alan

    Vodafone have assured me this morning that there is *nothing* done to the
    phone to prevent firmware updates.

    But mine won't upgrade either!

    The guy at Vodafone suggested I take it to a Carphone Warehouse shop to get
    it done!

    --
    Regards
    Barry

    On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:03:30 +0000, BJH wrote:

    > On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:31:55 -0000, Fitness Fiend wrote:
    >
    >> "cricket" <cricket@cwcom.net> wrote in message
    >>> anyone else having problems updating their 910 with the SE update service?

    >> Yep - apparently Vodafone won't let me do it! Is there a way of getting
    >> round your provider blocking this?
    >>
    >> Alan
    >
    > Vodafone have assured me this morning that there is *nothing* done to the
    > phone to prevent firmware updates.
    >
    > But mine won't upgrade either!
    >
    > The guy at Vodafone suggested I take it to a Carphone Warehouse shop to get
    > it done!

    Just spoken with SE support and there is a problem with the upgrade web
    site. Its been broken for over a week, in fact the guy I spoke to said that
    he had 'dozens' of phones he couldn't upgrade himself!

    All he could suggest was to keep trying.

    So there you have it.

    He also confirmed that the P910i was *not* blocked by Vodafone but
    acknowledged that other models of SE camera phones were blocked from
    upgrading by Vodafone.

    --
    Regards
    Barry

    "BJH" <barryh@nospam.kentra.co.uk> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:03:30 +0000, BJH wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:31:55 -0000, Fitness Fiend wrote:
    >>
    >>> "cricket" <cricket@cwcom.net> wrote in message

    >>> Yep - apparently Vodafone won't let me do it! Is there a way of getting
    >>> round your provider blocking this?
    >>>
    >>> Alan
    >>
    >> Vodafone have assured me this morning that there is *nothing* done to the
    >> phone to prevent firmware updates.
    >>
    >> But mine won't upgrade either!
    >>
    >> The guy at Vodafone suggested I take it to a Carphone Warehouse shop to
    >> get
    >> it done!
    >
    > Just spoken with SE support and there is a problem with the upgrade web
    > site. Its been broken for over a week, in fact the guy I spoke to said
    > that
    > he had 'dozens' of phones he couldn't upgrade himself!
    >
    > All he could suggest was to keep trying.
    >
    > So there you have it.
    >
    > He also confirmed that the P910i was *not* blocked by Vodafone but
    > acknowledged that other models of SE camera phones were blocked from
    > upgrading by Vodafone.
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    > Barry

    I got the impression that it was the network that was causing the problem
    rather than the phone itself.

    Alan

    On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:30:07 -0000, Fitness Fiend wrote:

    > "BJH" <barryh@nospam.kentra.co.uk> wrote in message

    >>> Vodafone have assured me this morning that there is *nothing* done to the
    >>> phone to prevent firmware updates.
    >>>
    >>> But mine won't upgrade either!
    >>>
    >>> The guy at Vodafone suggested I take it to a Carphone Warehouse shop to
    >>> get
    >>> it done!
    >>
    >> Just spoken with SE support and there is a problem with the upgrade web
    >> site. Its been broken for over a week, in fact the guy I spoke to said
    >> that
    >> he had 'dozens' of phones he couldn't upgrade himself!
    >>
    >> All he could suggest was to keep trying.
    >>
    >> So there you have it.
    >>
    >> He also confirmed that the P910i was *not* blocked by Vodafone but
    >> acknowledged that other models of SE camera phones were blocked from
    >> upgrading by Vodafone.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards
    >> Barry
    >
    > I got the impression that it was the network that was causing the problem
    > rather than the phone itself.
    >
    > Alan

    Well, I directly asked the question to both the Vodafone support guy and
    the SE UK support guy and they both assured me categorically that the
    phones were not blocked from being upgraded and the SE guy was adamant
    there is a long term problem with the SE update web site.

    Unless anyone else knows any different? ;>)

    --
    Best regards
    Barry

Ericsson