I have a a wireless router and three devices are connected to it,works fine. Now

Three devices connnected to my wireless netgear router works fine.now i want to add my desktop hardwire to another netgear router,how should I set it up. I am just newbe on networking but can follow directions easily. Pls. help.. thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about wireless router devices connected works fine
  1. where are the routers located?

    how is the second router going to connect to the first router?

    what kind of routers are they?

    why are you using a second router?
  2. Emerald said:
    where are the routers located?

    how is the second router going to connect to the first router?

    what kind of routers are they?

    why are you using a second router?

    I am not sure if you got my reply, but anyway here is my situation. I have a macpro,a laptop,and a printer. They are all configured to my first Netgear n150 router as wireless connection then to the cable modem. Now I want to add my desktop on another router a netgear n150 model wgr614,hardwired. How can I set these two routers configured. Pls. guide me. thanks
  3. if you are running a cable between the two routers, this should work

    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/36406-43-convert-wireless-router-wireless-access-point
  4. Emerald said:
    if you are running a cable between the two routers, this should work

    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/36406-43-convert-wireless-router-wireless-access-point

    That's my problem, the two routers are not on the same location, so have to configure on wireless set up. My desktop on one router and the rest of the devices on the other router which is connected to the outside world..Hope I did explain it well..
  5. is one of the two routers revision v8 or WW? it should say next to the model number
  6. Emerald said:
    is one of the two routers revision v8 or WW? it should say next to the model number

    The existing router is Netgear model WNR 1000v and the one I would add is netgear model WGR614v7.
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers Wireless Router Netgear Devices Networking