HDD Recovery CD

I have lost the recovery partition HDD because it was formatted wrongly.
Please send me the HDD recovery CD .
My laptop is : TOSHIBA SATELITE L-650
4 answers Last reply
More about recovery
  1. You would need to talk with Toshiba about that. We don't have stuff like that here at Tom's.
  2. Hi

What version if Windows ?

does your laptop still boot up into Windows ?

On my Toshiba laptop (with Win 7 Home Premium) the D: drive is visible and contains the files needed to build one or two recovery DVD's
    [d:\hddRecovery]

You need to find the recovery disk builder program which should available from start menu / Toshiba

My Toshiba laptop has Win 7 (64bit) installed on C: and in the recovery system on D:\hddRecovery + a recovery DVD of Win 7 (32bit)

There is also a hidden recovery partition which can be booted to start the recovery process in case C: is corrupted beyond repair

I think the Media builder wants to boot up the recovery partition to build the DVDs so both recovery partition and D: are required

which partition has been formatted ?

alternatively Toshiba will sell you a recovery DVD

If you know some one with the same model Toshiba laptop & Windows 7 their recovery DVD will work on your laptop
    These Toshiba recovery Windows7 are BIOS locked to Toshiba motherboards and pre activated.

regards

Mike Barnes
  3. Hi :)

Or contact Toshiba and PAY for a new set...

All the best Brett :)
  4. mbarnes86 said:
    Hi

What version if Windows ?

does your laptop still boot up into Windows ?

On my Toshiba laptop (with Win 7 Home Premium) the D: drive is visible and contains the files needed to build one or two recovery DVD's
    [d:\hddRecovery]

You need to find the recovery disk builder program which should available from start menu / Toshiba

My Toshiba laptop has Win 7 (64bit) installed on C: and in the recovery system on D:\hddRecovery + a recovery DVD of Win 7 (32bit)

There is also a hidden recovery partition which can be booted to start the recovery process in case C: is corrupted beyond repair

I think the Media builder wants to boot up the recovery partition to build the DVDs so both recovery partition and D: are required

which partition has been formatted ?

alternatively Toshiba will sell you a recovery DVD

If you know some one with the same model Toshiba laptop & Windows 7 their recovery DVD will work on your laptop
    These Toshiba recovery Windows7 are BIOS locked to Toshiba motherboards and pre activated.

regards

Mike Barnes
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Data Recovery Recovery Partition Hard Drives CD-Rom Windows 7