Alternatives to SE sync software?

Last response: in Brands
December 23, 2004 8:43:12 PM

Can anyone recommend an alternative to Sony Ericsson's sync software that
will back up Microsoft Outlook to/from a P910? I'm prepared to pay for
anything that will reliably backup tasks, jotter/notes, e-mail, calendar and
address book. I just can't get the SE software to work with any
consistency...

Thanks for your help.

Ben
December 24, 2004 8:00:22 PM

> Can anyone recommend an alternative to Sony Ericsson's sync software that
> will back up Microsoft Outlook to/from a P910? I'm prepared to pay for
> anything that will reliably backup tasks, jotter/notes, e-mail, calendar
and
> address book. I just can't get the SE software to work with any
> consistency...

Maybe floAt's Mobile Agent will do? I'm not sure it works with P910, though.

Peter
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 8:32:13 PM

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.ericsson - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <cqf03g$6v1$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk> on Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:43:12 -0000,
"Ben C" <spam@spam.com> wrote:

>Can anyone recommend an alternative to Sony Ericsson's sync software that
>will back up Microsoft Outlook to/from a P910? I'm prepared to pay for
>anything that will reliably backup tasks, jotter/notes, e-mail, calendar and
>address book. I just can't get the SE software to work with any
>consistency...

http://fma.sourceforge.net/

December 25, 2004 9:18:09 PM

Be aware that floAt's Mobile Agent has, in some cases, a script error
bug due to the difference between 'Programme' and 'Program Files'. If
you do receive script errors after the program installation, look for
the "fma" folder (usually located in C:\Program Files) and create a new
subfolder in 'fma' named "Script". Into this new folder, copy the
subfolder named "core" which is located in the subfolder "sframework".
That should take care of the script error problem.
--
HTH - Fred

Peter wrote:
> Maybe floAt's Mobile Agent will do? I'm not sure it works with P910,
> though.

>> Can anyone recommend an alternative to Sony Ericsson's sync software
>> that will back up Microsoft Outlook to/from a P910? I'm prepared to
>> pay for anything that will reliably backup tasks, jotter/notes,
>> e-mail, calendar and address book. I just can't get the SE software
>> to work with any consistency...
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 1:37:37 PM

Peter wrote:
>>Can anyone recommend an alternative to Sony Ericsson's sync software that
>>will back up Microsoft Outlook to/from a P910? I'm prepared to pay for
>>anything that will reliably backup tasks, jotter/notes, e-mail, calendar
>
> and
>
>>address book. I just can't get the SE software to work with any
>>consistency...
>

> Maybe floAt's Mobile Agent will do? I'm not sure it works with P910, though.

According to their web site and comments on its forum, no...;-( (yet?)

Ivan

!