Difference between Fisher 500c and 500b

Last response: in Home Audio
July 13, 2005 4:51:29 PM

Difference between Fisher 500c and 500B

What are the diffrences?

TIA

Abbedd
________________

Go To Abbedd's Place For the MP3S of the Week

http://home.earthlink.net/~abbedd/abbeddsplace.html

Boycott Inglotted CDS
http://home.earthlink.net/~abbedd/noinglottecds.htm

"Knowing what without knowing why is not knowing what"
"If Music is important,then anti-Musicality is even more important"
"I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made."
FDR
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 10:13:09 PM

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:51:29 GMT, ansermetniac <ansermetniac@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Difference between Fisher 500c and 500B
>
>What are the diffrences?
>
>Abbedd

The 500C took the place of the 500B in 1966. It has a tuning METER as opposed
to the tuning "eye", a 4 position speaker selector switch, and is rated for 75
watts, versus the 65 watt (IFHM) per channel rating of the 500B. A lot of the
circuitry is different in the tuner, and the price was increased from $249 to
$297.

Or see these pages for more info.

http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/beegee/290/page3.html

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/fisher/fishers.html

Is that enough detail? Otherwise I suggest looking at the service manuals to
get the full technical differences.
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 12:46:29 AM

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 18:13:09 GMT, Alan Peterman
<alnospam@nospamscn.rain.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:51:29 GMT, ansermetniac <ansermetniac@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Difference between Fisher 500c and 500B
>>
>>What are the diffrences?
>>
>>Abbedd
>
>The 500C took the place of the 500B in 1966. It has a tuning METER as opposed
>to the tuning "eye", a 4 position speaker selector switch, and is rated for 75
>watts, versus the 65 watt (IFHM) per channel rating of the 500B. A lot of the
>circuitry is different in the tuner, and the price was increased from $249 to
>$297.
>
>Or see these pages for more info.
>
>http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/beegee/290/page3.html
>
>http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/fisher/fishers.html
>
>Is that enough detail? Otherwise I suggest looking at the service manuals to
>get the full technical differences.

Thank you so much for the info and the links. I ahd a feeling the
difference was in the tuner which I am not interested in. Just missed
a x-202-c on Eaby for 279.00

Abbedd

!