Pioneer DVR-A04/DVR-104. What's the difference?

wwallquist

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
My first post on Tom's. Hello to all. I have been reading the guides and forums for a long time, and finally am ready to be involved.

My question: I am just about ready to entered the world of dvd burning, and have decided on a dvd-r(w) format. The Pioneer seems to be the best rated and most liked. Does anyone know the difference between the dvr-104 and the dvr-ao4? They seem to be the same drive. Maybe just the software packages that come with them? I was on a scouting mission at Fry's the other day and noticed that the Cendyne dvd-r was also given the model number of dvr-104. So I'm wondering if the Cendyne unit is made by Pioneer and would be a good deal, since it is quite a bit cheaper. I tend to get the best equipment because I use it a lot, but why waste money. Any advice would be appreciated. Do you have a particular burner (or format) you like. Thanks.

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space".<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by wwallquist on 06/12/02 05:23 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

wwallquist

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
Oh well, found out the answer. I guess the 104 is just the OEM version, bare drive.

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space".