Sign in with
Your question

Cant connect to my router with wire

Last response: in Wireless Networking
June 5, 2012 1:54:36 PM

Hey, I got a new computer and I connected it with wire to my router.The router is connected to a modem. 2 other computers are connected on this router wirelessly .My new computer doesn't recognize the router/modem. I tried to connect thru broadband (I don't know what is means) but it seems to be not working because I put the right username and password and I get an error from the modem number :651
I also tried PPPOE which I also doesnt know what it means.... doesnt work.
How do I connect to the internet!?#@!?

More about : connect router wire

June 5, 2012 6:04:46 PM

You should not have to enter any info in the the PC for internet, it goes though the router configuration, which is the same for wireless and wired networks. If the computer is not seeing the router at all, try a different cable or a different port. Does the PC network card have link lights on it?
m
l
June 5, 2012 8:31:39 PM

I found the problem. I forgot to unstall my motherboard drivers since I installed the windows in my home for the first time, so I didn't know I should install the drivers you get.....
m
l
Related resources
June 5, 2012 8:38:31 PM

odedgal67 said:
I found the problem. I forgot to unstall my motherboard drivers since I installed the windows in my home for the first time, so I didn't know I should install the drivers you get.....

Ah, when you said you got a new computer it sounded like it was all setup for you. Yes, you need network card drivers for it to connect.
m
l
June 5, 2012 8:45:19 PM

Yep I got that the problem was in my computer (acuataly in my motherboard) when I connected the Ethernat cable to both my computer and router and there was no light on the router, but when I connected my sister's laptop the same way there was a light. So its just that driver installation that was missing. Thanks anyways :) 
m
l
!