Sign in with
Your question

Adobe Flash videos causing computer to freeze

Last response: in Windows 7
April 14, 2012 6:09:16 AM

Hey guys I'm trying to work out some issues that have been plaguing my computer for a few weeks now. My problem is that my system will freeze and become unresponsive when watching YouTube and other video players that use Flash. I can't get back to normal even if I use Ctrl + Alt + Delete or escape, forcing me to run a hard reset on my computer. An example of what I'll see is in the picture. So I uninstalled Chrome, ran a full system scan and PC Tuneup using Norton 360, unistalled and reinstalled Flash and uninstalled and reinstalled my Nvidia GTX 560 Ti driver. Do you guys have any idea what could help me with this?

Thanks for your input ahead of time

a b $ Windows 7
April 14, 2012 6:16:57 AM

when you get something like your photo on screen it eather the card is overheating or over clocked to far if it is over clocked. if it not overclocked then there something wrong with your gpu. most times now with flash and videos on my older 250 video card depeneding how the web page encodes it i might during the week get one or two message of the nividia driver stop responding but nothing of a hard lock up.
m
l
April 14, 2012 7:45:39 AM

smorizio said:
when you get something like your photo on screen it eather the card is overheating or over clocked to far if it is over clocked. if it not overclocked then there something wrong with your gpu. most times now with flash and videos on my older 250 video card depeneding how the web page encodes it i might during the week get one or two message of the nividia driver stop responding but nothing of a hard lock up.

Well, I've been monitoring my GPU temps and they seem to be staying between 35-42 Celsius. I'm also on my stock GPU clock. In the past, there have been a few random times when the driver crashed and the screen went black. It would eventually recover but nevertheless.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
April 14, 2012 9:46:39 AM

Right click the flash video>settings>untick enable hardware acceleration.
m
l
April 16, 2012 7:26:21 PM

Pyree said:
Right click the flash video>settings>untick enable hardware acceleration.

That didn't do it either. I think I'll revert back to version 10 and see if that helps.
m
l
April 17, 2012 8:30:31 AM

Close all browsers
Open an explorer window
Navigate to the following folders and delete the contents
%appdata%\adobe\Flash Player\
%appdata%\macromedia\

Finally, restart your browser and try again
m
l
April 17, 2012 8:35:01 AM

Close all browsers
Open an explorer window
Navigate to the following folders and delete the contents

Click Start > Select Run > Type %appdata%

When App data folder is opened then perform the following tasks::

Delete the contents in this folder: adobe\Flash Player\
Delete the contents in this folder: macromedia\

Finally, restart your browser and try again
m
l
April 17, 2012 3:29:59 PM

Just tried this and it didn't work. I'm having the same problems as op.
m
l
April 24, 2012 3:05:01 AM

Hey guys I think I've figured it out. I remembered that I started having this issue after I installed an update for my Asus Nvidia GTX 560 TI. So I uninstalled the update and installed the driver from Asus' website. No issues so far, going on a few days!
m
l
!