Need drivers/Help to get my SB to work in dos

argan

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
The thing is, no program can detect my soundcard in dos, and this causes hangups and other stuff.
Does anyone know where i can find drivers for dos, or fix this problem?

Thanks

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
Don´t think you need drivers in dos.

Try enter the following in the Autoexec.bat file:

SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1
A, adress
I, Interupt
D, DMA

Hopes this helps somewhat, or hang around and someone might give you some more advice.
If you are in a hurry you can always try to enter other values other than that I wrote.

This is my new <font color=blue>Updated</font color=blue>, <font color=green>Eatable</font color=green> & <font color=red> Fresh </font color=red> sig.

ritesh_laud

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001
Which Soundblaster model do you have? With any old ISA SB, you don't need any drivers. With the Live! and Audigy, for sound in a Windows DOS box you need to have SB16 emulation enabled and for real mode DOS you need to run a program called SBEINIT. Both of these drivers can be found on the Live! CD, not sure about Audigy.

Ritesh

argan

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
I have a SoundBlaster PCI 128.

Jake, my autoexec.bat says its just a file created by some setup program, and the real file is saved under the name autoexec.tsh, so i edited that.
i added the line SET BLASTER=A400 I9 D1

under "system" from controlpanel, and Sound Blaster Audio PCI properties, it only gave me the IRQ and something that said E400.

argan

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
okay i surfed a bit on creatives support page, and i seem to be missing the whole /dosdrv directory. i cant download it from their page, so can anyone zip the directory and mail to me with the files, and i would be grateful. its worth a try.

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
That Autoexec.tsh is just a backup file of the original autoexec.bat file.

When you boot your computer and enters DOS, it will read autoexec.bat and config.sys and execute whatever commands they contain.

Editing the .tsh file will not help you...cut & paste that line and throw it into the .bat instead.

This is my new <font color=blue>Updated</font color=blue>, <font color=green>Eatable</font color=green> & <font color=red> Fresh </font color=red> sig.

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
Sure, I can mail the files to you...just PM me your mailadress and I send it.
Here´s an <A HREF="http://www.modarchive.com/help/sblive.shtml" target="_new">link</A> that might come in handy.

argan

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
By the way, the autoexec.bat files says "This file was created by the System Configuration Utility as a placeholder for your autoexec.bat file. Your actual autoexec.bat file has been saved under the name autoexec.tsh"

And under that, it clearly says "DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE"
I tried to add the line to that file before, but then it couldnt load explorer.

And also, the autoexec.bat file does not contain any command lines at all. Its all in the tsh file instead<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by argan on 06/13/02 09:09 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
Odd.
In my experience (I may be wrong), windows only checks the
Autoexec.bat file when it starts. (ofcourse, there´s alot of other files as well, but no more .bat files?)

Anyways, I sent the drivers so report back if you solve it or not! (sorry about the delay, bedtime you know :smile: )

argan

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
hmm... check this link

http://dmzweb4.europe.creative.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=62,E=0000000000005902109,K=1490,Sxi=3,Case=obj(8728)

i dont have any of the files it wants me to run :(
do you have them in your dosdrv?

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
The file I sent you, I copied right of my installation CD so they should work, however I found new files on some german site...I send them to you and hopefully they work.

Ain´t DOS wonderful! :wink:

argan

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
well, arent they all just packed together before installing them? i mean, do you have the drivers installed? then there should be some other files, since these are only some setup and data files i think, unfortunately :(

DOS kicks windows ass any time though :D

argan

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2002
seems it didnt work with those files...i suspect there are system files in the folder as well and not just those execution files. ill see if i can find something too.

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
Good hunting, I´ll keep my eyes open for other solutions.

TRENDING THREADS