Updates available for the MN-500???

Last response: in Networking
April 23, 2004 11:01:52 AM

Folks,
I've been running the MN-500 for quite some time (shortly after release)
and dropped this newsgroup a while ago. I have applied the June 2003
firmware upgrade, but saw another was dated October 2004.
I downloaded the patch, but when I try to apply it I'm told that the
firmware is up-to-date. Can someone please tell me what the latest firmware
revision and date are?

Thanks!

Tom...

--
"It's all about the ride..."
Tom Tracey

"I was made to last forever,
Though my body turn to sand,
My soul is in His hand..."
-=- Audio Adrenaline -=-

More about : updates 500

Anonymous
April 23, 2004 11:08:32 AM

More information from my router:

Runtime code version: V1.11.017
Boot code version: V1.06

--

"Tom Tracey" <nospam@spam-me-not.com> wrote in message
> Folks,
> I've been running the MN-500 for quite some time (shortly after
release)
> and dropped this newsgroup a while ago. I have applied the June 2003
> firmware upgrade, but saw another was dated October 2004.
> I downloaded the patch, but when I try to apply it I'm told that the
> firmware is up-to-date. Can someone please tell me what the latest
firmware
> revision and date are?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tom...
>
> --
> "It's all about the ride..."
> Tom Tracey
> Puyallup, Washington
> www.tomtracey.com
> Proudly driving my "New" 1981 Yamaha Seca 750!
>
> "I was made to last forever,
> Though my body turn to sand,
> My soul is in His hand..."
> -=- Audio Adrenaline -=-

Anonymous
April 23, 2004 11:13:25 AM

Sorry for the typo - and the flood - the date should be 10/03.

--
"It's all about the ride..."
Tom Tracey
Puyallup, Washington
www.tomtracey.com
Proudly driving my "New" 1981 Yamaha Seca 750!

"I was made to last forever,
Though my body turn to sand,
My soul is in His hand..."
-=- Audio Adrenaline -=-
"Tom Tracey" <nospam@spam-me-not.com> wrote in message
> Folks,
> I've been running the MN-500 for quite some time (shortly after
release)
> and dropped this newsgroup a while ago. I have applied the June 2003
> firmware upgrade, but saw another was dated October 2004.
> I downloaded the patch, but when I try to apply it I'm told that the
> firmware is up-to-date. Can someone please tell me what the latest
firmware
> revision and date are?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tom...
>
> --
> "It's all about the ride..."
> Tom Tracey
> Puyallup, Washington
> www.tomtracey.com
> Proudly driving my "New" 1981 Yamaha Seca 750!
>
> "I was made to last forever,
> Though my body turn to sand,
> My soul is in His hand..."
> -=- Audio Adrenaline -=-

April 23, 2004 3:00:16 PM

Hi,

The firmware you have on your MN-500 is the latest one.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

> More information from my router:
>
> Runtime code version: V1.11.017
> Boot code version: V1.06
>

> --
> "It's all about the ride..."
> Tom Tracey
> Puyallup, Washington
> www.tomtracey.com
> Proudly driving my "New" 1981 Yamaha Seca 750!
>
> "I was made to last forever,
> Though my body turn to sand,
> My soul is in His hand..."
> -=- Audio Adrenaline -=-
> "Tom Tracey" <nospam@spam-me-not.com> wrote in message
>> Folks,
>> I've been running the MN-500 for quite some time (shortly after
> release)
>> and dropped this newsgroup a while ago. I have applied the June 2003
>> firmware upgrade, but saw another was dated October 2004.
>> I downloaded the patch, but when I try to apply it I'm told that the
>> firmware is up-to-date. Can someone please tell me what the latest
> firmware
>> revision and date are?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Tom...
>>
>> --
>> "It's all about the ride..."
>> Tom Tracey
>> Puyallup, Washington
>> www.tomtracey.com
>> Proudly driving my "New" 1981 Yamaha Seca 750!
>>
>> "I was made to last forever,
>> Though my body turn to sand,
>> My soul is in His hand..."
>> -=- Audio Adrenaline -=-

Anonymous
April 23, 2004 3:00:17 PM

Thanks, Gary

--

"Gary Tsang" <garyDELETE@MEaumha.org> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> The firmware you have on your MN-500 is the latest one.
>
> --
> Gary Tsang
> Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User
> http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
>

> "Tom Tracey" <nospam@spam-me-not.com> wrote in message
> > More information from my router:
> >
> > Runtime code version: V1.11.017
> > Boot code version: V1.06
> >

> > --
> > "It's all about the ride..."
> > Tom Tracey
> > Puyallup, Washington
> > www.tomtracey.com
> > Proudly driving my "New" 1981 Yamaha Seca 750!
> >
> > "I was made to last forever,
> > Though my body turn to sand,
> > My soul is in His hand..."
> > -=- Audio Adrenaline -=-
> > "Tom Tracey" <nospam@spam-me-not.com> wrote in message
> >> Folks,
> >> I've been running the MN-500 for quite some time (shortly after
> > release)
> >> and dropped this newsgroup a while ago. I have applied the June 2003
> >> firmware upgrade, but saw another was dated October 2004.
> >> I downloaded the patch, but when I try to apply it I'm told that
the
> >> firmware is up-to-date. Can someone please tell me what the latest
> > firmware
> >> revision and date are?
> >>
> >> Thanks!
> >>
> >> Tom...
> >>
> >> --
> >> "It's all about the ride..."
> >> Tom Tracey
> >> Puyallup, Washington
> >> www.tomtracey.com
> >> Proudly driving my "New" 1981 Yamaha Seca 750!
> >>
> >> "I was made to last forever,
> >> Though my body turn to sand,
> >> My soul is in His hand..."
> >> -=- Audio Adrenaline -=-

Anonymous
April 23, 2004 4:07:40 PM

Just so it is clear...

The boot code on the router doesn't get changed (least not since it has been
released).

some hardware revisions have boot code 1.06
some hardware revisions have boot code 1.02

If you have boot code 1.02, you aren't missing out on anything...

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

!