USB sound cards and speech recognition?

Last response: in Home Audio
July 22, 2005 11:20:28 PM

If anybody knows, do Sound Blaster USB external sound cards work well
with speech recognition? (NaturallySpeaking).

Is there more CPU processing overhead due to the fact that the data
stream comes into the computer through the USB port instead of
through a PCI slot on the mainboard?

Thank you.

--
specifically, I'm talking about these models
70SB049000000

John Doe wrote:
> If anybody knows, do Sound Blaster USB external sound cards work well
> with speech recognition? (NaturallySpeaking).

An audio stream is an audio stream. USB in the middle doesn't affect
that; at worst it slightly delays the arrival of the data at the PC, but
not enough that you'll ever notice it.

> Is there more CPU processing overhead

Maybe a tiny amount to manage the USB protocols. Negligable.
!